Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hi guys

Old 02-09-2008, 05:07 PM

Default Hi guys

Hi there, I am jealous of you guys being able to hunt with bows and crossbows, it is illegal over here so my long bow is only used for target shooting, the wife and I are planning to come over later in the year and if I can I will bring it with me and try to get some hunting in.
Do I need to apply for a permit to hunt over there?

Many thanks

Tony
Old 02-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hi guys

In most places in addition to your hunting license you need to have some type of bowhunting permit.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey there and welcome
Old 02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tony,figure out which State you plan on Hunting in and then either ask someone on here from that State or better yet see if you can pull up the Conservation Site from that State to see what the rules and regulations are for hunting!I'm not sure how it works since you live out of the Country,but it shouldn't be much different if someone here in the USA hunts in Africa,Canada or some other Country?

Be sure to check any rules and regulations about taking your longbow with you or on a Air Plane?

P.S. My Nephew met a lovely Lady from England over the Internet,after him flying over to visit her for a few weeks and her flying over here in the US to visit him they ended up getting married and he has been living over there for the past4 years now.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi there.

Im planning to go to Mississippi to hunt with a bow and rifle in December and I know you need some sort of license.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not a big fan of these tags drawn as a rifle tag then to hunt the archery season you need to apply for another tag, I thinkthere should be archery seasons, and rifle seasons, not combined, sure if you want to all a rifle tag holder to use a bow go for it, but I think seperate seasons, better odds, or at least for non residents, what non-res is able to thung both archery and rifle seasons,
Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get in touch with clive freemantle , he runs a bowhunting educational course in the UK . I've just recieved my application form , should'nt be long before i'm bowhunt worthy . PM me for phone number if you are interested .