Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I hate people who are like this! >

I hate people who are like this!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate people who are like this!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I hate people who are like this!

I posted this last year it was a venting paper i wrote and sent to everyone i knew that and tod them to send it to everyone they knew:

Availability of Hunting Ground and The Human Psyche
I never had to worry about finding a place to hunt until I strayed off the family farm and started going to school in Michigan. When I got here I was thinking "ok no big deal go get some permission slips and its game on". Wow did I get a slap in the face when the first door slammed in it. How could someone not want to be a steward of the land that they own and manage the local deer herd? But I was determined to find a place to hunt. So I continued on and the more and more I got turned down the more and more I wanted to know why these people wouldn't let me hunt? So one day after getting turned down once again, I asked the man what he had against hunting? He looked at me kind of funny and thought a moment then replied "nothin’ I guess, just don't want you to hunt". Well after pondering this for a while and making sure I didn't smell bad or look crazy, I came to the conclusion that most people really don't have a good reason to with hold permission to hunt from a well dressed, well spoken, polite individual. Its not that they have anything against hunting, they just don't want you to hunt. I approached another land owner one day while she was planting a tree. I said "hello" and "that’s a good lookin' oak tree your plantin' mam" in what I'm told up here is a southern draw. She replied "Yes it is, if the deer don't kill it first, what can I do for ya"? Seizing the opportunity I said "well I was going to ask you if you would allow me to slow your deer damage down a bit through some selective bow hunting"? She gave me a long look and said " You mean kill them"? I said "not all of them just a couple" she replied "I hate the damn things sometimes but I don't want them killed"! Again I was left floored! How could some one that has to replace trees because of the damage the deer are causing not want them to be thinned out a little bit. Now we aren't talking about eradication we are talking about managing the influx in the deer population. But no matter how you try to explain it to some people the answer is still no. Its people like this that have put the thought in the minds of so many people that steaks grow on the shelves of grocery stores and that not eating meat at all is a normal human diet. Newsflash: They don't call us omnivores for nothing! Once again I was beaten by the stupidity called mainstream America! All in all I did find two farms to hunt on this past season, but it would have been nice to have permission on a 1/15 of the other fifty that I asked.
But my message is this that we as HUNTER'S, not bow hunter's, not gun hunter's, HUNTER'S as a whole must work together to educate the public on what it is that we do.
Yes Baker, yes Steve, I am writing this at 10:30 on a Saturday night, but I have baseball practice tomorrow. I would appreciate it if you would forward this to anyone you know that will appreciate it and forward it on.
Adrian Woods
--
Pope & Young Chaser

sorry for the long read but thought it was relevent.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: popeandyoungchaser

Yes Baker, yes Steve, I am writing this at 10:30 on a Saturday night, but I have baseball practice tomorrow. I would appreciate it if you would forward this to anyone you know that will appreciate it and forward it on.
Adrian Woods
--
Pope & Young Chaser

sorry for the long read but thought it was relevent.
Off subject reallllly quick but P&Ychaser, do you play baseball in college?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

i even know someone who wont kill a spider in his own house, yet he striped bass fishes all the time (and keeps them) but he wont kill a deer or a shark because he says there like dogs to him, he just cant kill them
Well, I'm a bass fishing fanatic, a long time gun hunter and now a bonafide bow hunting nut. I'll hunt just about anything that's fair game on one condition... I eat what I kill. I don't kill just for thefun or the thrillof it. I've been known to catch a spider and let it go outside. If I find a snake in my yard, I don't automatically think KILL!!!. I catch it and take it to the woods and release it. There's nothing contradictory about being a hunter and a fisherman and still respecting life. Try convincing most "tree huggers" of that, though. By the way, most bass fishermen now have livewells, not ice buckets.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

charismatic megafauna ruins alot of people...they rather have a black bear protected, though theres piles of them in the particular state, but could give 2 piles less about a highly threatened snake or something that isnt "cute n cuddly" looking...big problem for managers because the ugly critters get no love, and in turn, no funding....
Old 02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

The next time you see him ask how his last ribeye tasted, then ask if he had to loosen his leather belt after eating it. There's nothing inherently "right" or "wrong" with either hunting or fishing, it's his perception of both that's wrong.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM

I dont know about yall but the pig tales are kindof sexy! lol!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

But on the other subject i hunt & fish and dont think there is a problem with neither!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

The next time you see him ask how his last ribeye tasted, then ask if he had to loosen his leather belt after eating it. There's nothing inherently "right" or "wrong" with either hunting or fishing, it's his perception of both that's wrong.
Amen Brother.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Soap and Schultzy----if your fishing friend needs a little attitude adjustment, I have a friend that will take care of it for you.........

that is one super scary she male
people get that attitude on the cutness of an animal, if deer looked like giant rats people would be kill all of them on site
that is how a lot feel about snakes .
Old 02-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap
I meet so many people who are so against hunting yet they fish, and thats perfectly ok because fish arent cute and furry.
Ya because reeling a fish in by the mouth, and throwing him on ice to slowly die is alot more humane.
It'sa fundamental human psyche man!

Let's face it, we live in a double-standardized world.

Quick Reply: I hate people who are like this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.