Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Do I Respond to Anti-Hunting Comments >

How Do I Respond to Anti-Hunting Comments

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Do I Respond to Anti-Hunting Comments

Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Default RE: How Do I Respond to Anti-Hunting Comments

Even if they dont eat meat at all, ask them how many squirrels and raccoons and birds and so on lost a home when sombody cut down all those trees and planted crops, then laced it with poisons and such to kill insects, just to produce that carrot they ate for dinner last night. See what they have to say about that. Dont you feel bad? You should!!!

Brandon
Old 02-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Just give them a really weird look at say " it helps me fight back the urge to kill people that ask me stupid questions......................ok?"
LMAO!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

They kill domestic animals in a worse way, they are penned up and they shove a rod through their skull(I am not against it), but atleast wild animals have a chance to get away, or are not forced to be killed.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Understand where and why this lady feels this way, without sympathizing.

Then, if she is NOT an vegan, its easy !!

Say, ma'am..you eat steak, chicken, veal, pork and fish, correct ?

Now, you tell me that shooting a deer is horrible, and it is mean and murder. But, when you eat a steak...that animal was raised on a farm. It was told what to do, when to do it. If it didnt want to do it, it was forced to do it. I was fed high yield foods, steroids, hormones and fattened to a wieght that was unhealthy for its bone structure. Then, when a PERSON deemed that this animal was prime for YOUR CONSUMSION, it was quickly killed and cut up.

It never lived for itself or did its thing, the way it wanted to do. It was a slave, to be killed.

Now, when I eat a venison steak, that meat came from a free-ranging animal. That animal did what it wanted, when it wanted, how it wanted. There was no human impact, or input, telling this animal what to do. This DEER, fed on natural food, made avaliable by nature. Itmingled with other deer, slept, fed and bred.

Now, when a hunter takes to the woods in an ATTEMPT to harvest an animal for its meat, he is at a GREAT disadvantage. The animal RARELY losses !

In order for myself, or another hunter to harvest a WILD, FREE RANGING animal, we must defeat EVERY LAST ONE OF ITS HIGHLY TUNED AND REFINED SENSES, which is amazingly more difficult that you would ever imagine.

So, this doe that I harvested was not murder. I will be feeding my family with an animal that got to live its life, the way it wanted too, until is was humanly harvested.

Then, throw this in. In nature, only the strong survive. So, by harvesting this animal, I have lessened my chances at a future harvest, why ? Because, her genetic make up was inferior to that of the other deer whos senses I could not defeat. The other deer were stronger, so to speak, for refined and smarter. By harvesting the deer that I did, she will not pass on her inferior genetics, therefore, the more superior genetic deer will live to pass on their smarter, more kean genetics. ( I have actually used this BS statement, haha).

You also must explain that if it were not for hunters, deer and other animals, would reproduce themselves to death. Their numbers would become too high, deseases would become more prevalent, and food sources would dry up. In turn, the animals would start to die off, and eventually, be endagered and then gone. By keeping their numbers within the carrying capacity of the land, we, as hunters, are helping to ensure that these beautiful aniamals survive for a long time, and YOUR grandchildrens children get a chance to experience them !
AMEN BROTHA!!!!
+1 here, too many people don't even understand the concept of what hunting really is.

Now Huntress, go out there and stick on with an arrow, and then you'll REALLY be ADDICTED!!!! I've laid my guns down as far as deer hunting goes for the past 5 yrs, because it's far more enjoyable for me to take my bow and get withing 25 or so yards and shoot them that way. And most of my bowkills have died quicker than a LOT of gun kills do.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was reading in Bowhunting magazine and a reader asked this same question. They gave the following link that looks as if it has some very good material. It is 65 pages so I have not read it yet but I did browse through it.

http://mdc.mo.gov/documents/areas/stlouis/deer_car.pdf
Old 02-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you did great by answering it with a, No I don't feel bad. And then changed the subject. No reason to argue with those people. They just don't get it and never will.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

There have been several excellent responses throughout this thread. One thing that I've learned in my occupation is that different people react differently to different situations. You can't always give one answer to everyone that asks a questions. You have to read people, through lots of non-verbal cues and respond to that individual person.

For instance, I'm 25, in construction there are a lot of guys that have been doing their work for longer than I've been alive. I can't approach someone like that the same way I do a person that is much younger and less experienced. I have to "mold" my questions and answers to that person for them to be effective. If we'll all do this in regards to the anti-hunter comments, our results will be much more beneficial.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

There have been several excellent responses throughout this thread. One thing that I've learned in my occupation is that different people react differently to different situations. You can't always give one answer to everyone that asks a questions. You have to read people, through lots of non-verbal cues and respond to that individual person.

For instance, I'm 25, in construction there are a lot of guys that have been doing their work for longer than I've been alive. I can't approach someone like that the same way I do a person that is much younger and less experienced. I have to "mold" my questions and answers to that person for them to be effective. If we'll all do this in regards to the anti-hunter comments, our results will be much more beneficial.
Those antis could care less how you mold your questions or answers about hunting, they don't get it and never will. I don't see why WE owe THEM an explanation on why we hunt! Why do we as hunters have to defend anything to these kind of people????? I don't get it! I think being defensive hurts us more!
Old 02-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

If they're a person of faith you could try reciting a couple scriptures from the Bible. I did this on a call in radio talk show a few years ago and it shut the anti up on the other end...She was absolutely speechless...This was after shehad said her father was a Pastor which made my comments hit her even harder...

Genesis 27:3

Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the
open country to hunt some wild game for me.

or

Genesis 9:3

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.[/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 02-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

People like that nearly always try to provoke you into responding in the hope that you'll make some knuckle dragger response, don't let them rattle you. The best response to such people is usually none at all, it robs their comments of credibility and you keep the higher ground. If you must respond point out the good points of modern sport hunting and how it benefits the community and then cease responding. They're the ones who are trying to paint hunting in a bad light, make them work for it. Most of them fall back on emotional crapola with no substantial rational backing, and they usually end up looking like the fools that they are. If all else fails ask them how that last bucket of KFC they waded through tasted, or which burger chain they last patronized, that usually shuts them up.

Quick Reply: How Do I Respond to Anti-Hunting Comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.