Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treestand accidents! >

Treestand accidents!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand accidents!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Treestand accidents!

Never had a fall thank God. I wear a harness now EVERY time I go up a tree. Heres why!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

This year I slipped threw that hole where the footrest and the platform seperate while moving to get a shot at a doe that came behind me.

I had a harness on caught myself before I completly slipped threw.

Doe was alarmed somewhat, but didn't know what she heard, only 15 yards away.

Re-gained my balance and shot the doe.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

I talked to a guy just the other day that was hunting on state land in Michigan. He climbed up the tree to his stand, got into it, and all of a sudden...whappp! - he hit the ground with his stand. He broke his arm and seperated his shoulder. It turns out that someone had cut his straps! Terrible...kinda like attempted murder if you ask me. I've heard other people say that people cut their tree at the base almost all the way through so that when they climb up, the tree starts to sway a lot further than it should. Can't believe people actually do this!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

as i read i see most of accidents are from climbers.. bumping them an such when at the top...my summit comes with to pull straps to tie around the top when your where u want so if u do bump it it wont fall.same for the bottom...does anyone elses climbers have such things?????
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MdDave

as i read i see most of accidents are from climbers.. bumping them an such when at the top...my summit comes with to pull straps to tie around the top when your where u want so if u do bump it it wont fall.same for the bottom...does anyone elses climbers have such things?????

Yeah most accidents are that way. I also seem to know someone that had a close call using an old wooden ladder[:-]..........you wouldnt know who that would be do you Dave???? Ha
Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Luckily, I've yet to have an accident with my tree stand. Touch wood!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

ORIGINAL: MdDave

Yeah most accidents are that way. I also seem to know someone that had a close call using an old wooden ladder[:-]..........you wouldnt know who that would be do you Dave???? Ha

hey i knew that step was gonna break..but what i knew an you didnt was the one below it was soild as a rock!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Putting up a stand...you know the feeling when right before you lose balance..your whole body tenses up.. had that but fortunately i grabbed the tree before i could fall backwards..not fun!

Quick Reply: Treestand accidents!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.