Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treestand accidents! >

Treestand accidents!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand accidents!

Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Treestand accidents!

I was hunting on public land and found a homemade ladder stand laying on the ground by a very good tree.I decided to put my climber down and use this stand instead to save some noise making.I leaned stand against tree climbed half way up about 8 feet and the stand started leaning away from tree.I tried to jump but it was to late I fell in a bunch of bushes and saplings and got a big cut behind my ear.If my ear didnt give the stick probably would have went through it.NEVER AGAIN will I try and short cut common sense.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

A very good friend had a screw in step pull out and he got caught by another one on the way down. Severed tricep, severed deltoid and a nearly severed bicep. He nearly bled out in the woods. It took 7 units of blood to stabilize him in the ER. Luckiliy he recovered fully but he doesnt use screw ins any more and neither do I
Old 02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done a couple of short drops with the climber but the safety harness did it's thing......Once about 10 yrs. ago while lowering my bow I had forgot to attatch the ratchet strap on the top section and it somehow swung on me. The other time was this year on a wet tree while climbing....no big deal though due to the harness.