Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I am old and weak >

I am old and weak

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I am old and weak

Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 AM

Default RE: I am old and weak

That's what I thought, Jeff. I've never shot one, so I was just trying to "feel it out" a little. I suspect that it builds slowly, then right at the breakover point it gets pretty stiff, and then, as soon as it breaks....BAM! Back wall.....No creep at all.....

With your 60# limbs, would you be able to get 62 out of them? I mean, a bow works most efficiently at the upper end of it's scale...and if you can get 62 or 3 out of them, would there be a need to change them back out?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Good question, Don. I might have a set available at a later date. I JUST ordered the new ones.....and I'll have to see how they do max'd out.

Good point....and I'm sure someone is gonna dry fire one of these babies down the line. I might have a set they can get at a savings!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
So.....I'm ordering 50-60# limbs, today. With speed (I'm getting 330fps out of mine at SIXTY-TWO POUNDS)......comes some cost. I'm realizing that, now.
Another bowhunter "Sees the light". Congrats. With age comes wisdom. Remember, you still are over the recommended kinetic energy needed to kill an Alaskan Brown bear. Considering that 99% of bowhunters in America will never kill anything bigger than a whitetail with their bow, makes one wonder, why all of the 70# hype? The difference you will notice with your new setup is that now the arrow sticks in the dirt 3" instead of 4" after it completely blows through the deer. Your bow will shoot quieter too.
Oh, another thing you will notice is that on cold days, a buck of a lifetime won't get buy you cause your muscles are froze.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2157608&mpage=1&key=i+have+seen+ the+light
Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Gotta tell you ,though, Don.....I'm doing this PURELY for target purposes.

I still see advantages to (what could be the down-side.....assuming one isn't over-bowed?) a 70# setup in a hunting situation.

ONE shot.......ONE deer......I'd have no issues shooting my bow maxed out at 70#'s. Especially with the lincoln logs I like to shoot in a hunting scenario.

2 different scenarios......requiring 2 different trains of thought.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope I think you are just old and weak -J/k

I pulled back a 101st on Sunday- and I can see where holding it back for long periods of time can be an issue just based on the cam design

Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 AM

Oh I agree, Jeff. When you're talking about shooting 60 arrows at a time, the higher weight gets tough. I understand completely why you're doing it. You're absolutely right, 2 different disciplines, 2 trains of thought. I was just thinking if you could do what you wanted w/ the 60# limbs, it would save you the hassle of changing back and forth twice a year. And, you could recoup some of your cost of the new limbs by selling the old....that's all....

Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
Gotta tell you ,though, Don.....I'm doing this PURELY for target purposes.
For now,until you will completely "see the light." I have no problem shooting a 70# bow either, just can't see the point of the extra noise and extra pounds.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

Nope I think you are just old and weak -J/k

I pulled back a 101st on Sunday- and I can see where holding it back for long periods of time can be an issue just based on the cam design
Exactly, Speed comes at a cost
Old 02-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take off that pinky-ring and you’ll automatically be able to pull ten more (straight) pounds…

Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife bought me that, in Mexico.....and she likes it.

Quick Reply: I am old and weak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.