Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting, is it good? >

Bowhunting, is it good?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting, is it good?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunting, is it good?

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

what are you going to bowhunt in Scotland??
Nothing as suchbecause our government accidently banned it, how funny lol. NOT.
I will practice with my bow here, there is an archery club in my village and i'll go hunting in the US.
I am sure for a nice bottle of Scotch you could get some access here in the states

Good luck to you
Old 02-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

what are you going to bowhunt in Scotland??
Nothing as suchbecause our government accidently banned it, how funny lol. NOT.

I will practice with my bow here, there is an archery club in my village and i'll go hunting in the US.

Wow, I didn't know that! Sorry to hear that Girl. I tell you what, this bow hunting stuff is awesome and addictive!! Instead of launching lead or steel at an animal, your aiming an arrow and you see it all happen before your eye's! Its that damn good and exciting, the challenge is what its all about if its something you want to try! I took it a step farther and got rid of the compound and went out and purchased a recurve bow and I now hunt with that, I get more excited with my recurve then I ever thought was possible with a compound. After reading some of your previous post in threads I think you will be just fine picking up a bow and having fun with it and being efficient with it. It takes time, you just have to have the patience to follow through with it. Besides this world needs more lady's like yourself into bow hunting, this isn't just a guys sport like some think it is!! Good luck Girl!! Now get your but over here in the states and do some bow hunting!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Example:

I have hunted and fished for as far back as I can remember (I'm 43). I started bowhunting in the fall of '05. I had more fun in the '06 season.....bowhunting whitetails....than I had in ALL the previous yrs of hunting and fishing, combined.

It's hard to explain......and once you do it.....no one will have to.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks fantastic, i've shot a recurve bow and it was alright but i really like the look of those compounds.

Do you reckon i should stick to a youth bow as my strength isn't like a man's so i'd like to use something thats more forgiving lol.

It sucks not being able to hunt using a bow here, i was over at my friends house last night and he has 4 shotguns and 3 rifles he's getting ready for deer season in April which will be exciting. Its not alot of hassle to get a firearm here but i think bows look more interesting.

Is Bowtech Diamond any good? (that one i had posted) Im thinking about buying it.

P.S Do any of you guys have any hunting pics using a bow?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sure we all have one or two around(pictures)

Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

I am sure we all have one or two around(pictures)
Show off! [8D] kidding

Seriously though, i think bowhunting is in a league of its own because its just so different.

For a beginner like me, is it hard to use a bow? esp a compound?

If theres any advice you guys could give me, it would greatly be appreciated.

Take care.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Sarah:

I am in the same boat as you being a small female hunter. This was my first year of hunting; even though I had a couple opportunities to get a deer with my bow, they didn't quite work out[X(]. My gun came through for me later in the season; and I will always be so proud of very first deer kill.

Even after only one season of hunting, I can see that bowhunting is much more difficult and challenging. I practice target shooting as much as I can, and my boyfriend and I have participated in some of the 3D shoots. (Which by theway are alot of fun.) I should be ready when the season rolls back around.

Even though we aren't as strong as the guys, we girls gotta stick together and show them we can do it!

Good luck....

lknhuntress
Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lknhuntress

Sarah:

I am in the same boat as you being a small female hunter. This was my first year of hunting; even though I had a couple opportunties to get a deer with my bow, they didn't quite work out[X(]. My gun came through for me later in the season; and I will always be so proud of very first deer kill.

Even after only one season of hunting, I can see that bowhunting is much more difficult and challenging. I practice target shooting as much as I can, and my boyfriend and I have participated in some of the 3D shoots. (Which by theway are alot of fun.) I should be ready when the season rolls back around.

Even though we aren't as strong as the guys, we girls gotta stick together and show them we can do it!

Good luck....

lknhuntress
Here here!

So I'm not the only one in that situation lol. I take it you have more success using a rifle than a bow?

I am seriously contemplating buying a bow package for hunting in MS in November.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

1. Remember hunting is fun
2. Practice, practice practice

Read some good books here are three I like

Joe Brooks Year Around trophy whitetails
John Eberhart Bowhunting high pressured whitetails
Don Higgins Trophy hunting in the real world

Read every post about whitetails by these guys on this board

GregH(Number 2 IMO on this board)
burniegoeasily(Sleeper, he's to damn humble)
ANtler Eater(great story teller)
Buckeye(Young, hansome and a hell of a hunter)
Rybo(Hunts the toughest state for mature bucks)
HAZCON7(Another great hunter on this board, very humble, wish he's post more)
TJF(Great hunter for ground tatics IMO)
Michael Hunsucker(The man, the myth, and soon to be lengend)
Huntingbry (Hunts PA a tough state)
Tribal (Shoots big deer every year, he's doing something right)
Sliverflicker (He eats at the pink elephantand knows his stuff)
Diesel77 (Owns hisa camo company www.ultimatecamo.com, great product and a great hunter)
dukemichaels (In a few years will be in the 3 on this site, he's in the top ten now, he just does not know it yet)
huntingson (A guy who puts down the antler year after year)
Kelly / KY (Great guy, great hunter, wish he'd post more)
MOTOWNHONKEY (Another one who lays down the antler)
MK M GOBL(This guy is a sleeper, I wish he's post more)
goherd1111(Anoyher humble one on the board, really knows his stuff)
dwd2001 (Looks good in long underwear, and shoot some big boy)
Greg / MO (Great bow tech, shoot some great deer, but knows diddle about camo, J/K He's one of top guys about camo)
Rob/Pa (Great bow tech, shoot some great deer, but knows diddle about camo, J/K He's one of top guys about camo) Yep there the same
NavyDeerHunter(Humble stars IMO, he shoots some great deer in a tough state
Shed33(Is the top guy IMO in this site)
jmbuckhunter(Another all around good hunter, very humble, but really knows how to hunt)

There are many more I read, but when it comes to bowhunting and big bucks I read these guys a lot.

Never Never listen to anything this guy post:
quiksilver
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM

accidently Banned it??

Quick Reply: Bowhunting, is it good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.