Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642 >

Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Old 02-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

We were on the phone when you called, Matt. Sounds like 6-up (286) is a good score for that course (hell ANY course you shoot 'up' on is good!).

I hope that holds up and you guys all get to face off!
Agreed.anytime you shoot up,that is some good shooting.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, Yes, so now so far from HNI it's Kidd on Sundays finals for the hunter class and Matt and I so far in the MBR class. I'm praying Matt (Rick James) qualifies first thing Saturday and joins at 2:00 in the finals.

I did indeed shoot 6 up, 286. They put me with a open shooter for half of it and I had a range official walk with me the second half. Like Matt, it was all business. I also shot that score with two damn 5's. I had a pile of 12's to cancel them then it was a matter of scoring 10's and a several 12's to cancel the 8's. I managed to shoot 6 up.

I was exhausted.

I took some pictures I'll put in a seperate post so you can see the jist of the shoot.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I was exhausted.
That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to on Saturday. I'll pretty much be shooting the course 2x, back to back on Saturday if I qualify. It's not so much the shooting I'm concerned about........it's all the up and down the stairs, and time under those lights. I'll be bringing a bag with some power bars and gatorade for sure for between my qualifying round and finals.

Looking forward to your other post with pics!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I was exhausted.
That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to on Saturday. I'll pretty much be shooting the course 2x, back to back on Saturday if I qualify. It's not so much the shooting I'm concerned about........it's all the up and down the stairs, and time under those lights. I'll be bringing a bag with some power bars and gatorade for sure for between my qualifying round and finals.

Looking forward to your other post with pics!
Yep no doubt it's tiring, especially qualifying because the majority of the shooters on the line are HUnter class guys who don't shoot into the upper reaches. You shoot and have to wind your way up the steps to the top........so of course your the last one back down.........you hit that shooting line and BAM they flick on the green light and it's go time. [:-]

My back hurt so bad I had to take 3 Alleve, and I had so little to give that I actually felt like I was creeping on every shot because I couldn't feel anything. COuldn't get the release to go off etc.
That round was a serious struggle, especially after fighting through 30 outdoor targets 2hrs before.

I only shot that single 5 to start but couldn't buy an X for a while. Over them, under them around them........

I'll rest up this week and hopefully come out strong for the final, you just can't hold steady on those angles when everything hurts.

Just get your butt in there and we'll have a great time!! The finals will be nuts too, they move the targets all around and change the angles like crazy. First shot might be far left station shooting to the top of the far left in the arena. I had that shot in 2005 in the final and it feels like you are trying to shoot something on the ceiling of the building. Your body has a hard time just figuring out how to aim like that! LOL

I also didn't mention but my buddy Russ (Marvin Russell) was the high qualifier for the regular Hunter Class on Saturday and is a real sleeper to win it. He's a great shot and is just getting into the 3D scene.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man Matt (RJ), I didn't even think about that, you possibly shooting back to back. That's going to be exhausting for sure. I know the upper targets did take a toll, took my time coming down and back to the line. The open guy I was paired with was, well let's say portly out of shape which gave me a breather.

Matt / PA, met plenty of your friends as you know when they called you. FYI, your thought of highly, you and Frank.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

CUB Logan France 203
MRU Michael Travis 180
YMR 15-17 Nate Fiscus 254
MHC Mike Hunsicker 273
MHC (Money) Les Sheaffer 299
Donnie Frysinger 289
FSR/FBO/FBR Leslie Hoffer 211
MCBH Terry Bingaman 274
MBF Travis Tracey 241
MBR Chris Muller 235
MBO Dennis Sheahan 262
MONEY Ron Sellinger 268
Joe Winkler 245

Is this another one of our own? Hunsucker?

So now we have at least 4, and hopefully at least 1 more from HNI in the finals.........[8D]

Congrats Mike!! I look forward to meeting you on Saturday! I'll swing by after my qualifying round.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmm, I hope that is MikeHunsucker...what would be the odds it's not and that's spelled right..LOL .

Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 PM

Snagged this off of AT. Recognize anyone?

Right on, Rob. Nice shootin'.

From the looks of the course (the pictures I took a gander at) that was a pretty sick course to shoot. Looks like a blast.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting guys. Simply great shooting! Rob, Matt...take down this "Tom Friend" character in the finals Looks like he's a solid shooter as well.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, that 290 is a solid score. I'd like to be paired with him to keep track and groove his arrows![8D]

Quick Reply: Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.