Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642 >

Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Way to Go Guys!! Keep it up

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great shooting guys, way to represent. I met Matt, Frank, Mike Hunsucker,Larry, and Denny today,and a few others yesterday. All great guys. Good luck to all next weekend. I'll try and sneak over for some pics of everyone shooting next weekend if I can get away from the booth for a bit.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, just got home, it was a long-A weekend! Lots of shooting too geez. I had our regular winter outdoor league shoot at sunrise, then off to the show to shoot to qualify with a sore back hurting the entire time.
You want to talk about a struggle!? Try holding steady on 40+ yard animals at a 45 degree angle with a bad back.
Throw in the fact that None of my buddies shoot MBR class so I had to shoot by myself with a range official walking with me keeping score. So it's all business, get it done and get to the finals, no fun or joking around like you would normally have on a 3D course.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have about 1/3 HNI guys in the MBR finals and couple more in the HC? We're bound to take a trophy or 2 home?
Good luck tomorrow Rob!

Jeff,
The angles and yardages are hell in there because you have to see how wide this shooting line is.......it's got to be all of 30+ yards across with targets spread 50 yards ACROSS and then to different levels of the arena. You shoot back across, straight up and all over so you never get a read or feel for yardage. Then you have to shave a few for the really steep ones. It's a heck of a shoot unlike any you'd ever try.
Then add in like the guys said people 6-8 rows deep across that 30 yards watching your every move.

Doesn't bother me one bit now but I'll tell ya what the first year I shot it I was a little shakey. LOL Sort of the 'Don't look down".........don't turn around when you're on the line.[:-]
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will have to say that looks like one tough shoot.We have a few courses around here that like uphill shots and you will definately find out if your draw is too long when shooting uphill at a freaken SMALL rinehart bear at a 30 deg incline at 40 yards.[:'(]

I bet the back is really feeling it,I have been there.My back hurts because of my weird drawing style that attributes to my horrible double set.That I have just about eliminated but hurt my shoulder in the process.[:@]
Old 02-04-2008, 05:20 AM
bigcountry

I saw they had a TRD class there too. Matt, was there many participates? Is it the same setup for traditional class? <30 yards?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good shootin guys...Good luck next weekend too...
Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I just got word, apparently Rob qualified today as well with a 286. Now I just gotta get in there on Saturday and qualify myself, and we should hopefully end up with a HNI member sweep of the MBR class!

Congrats Rob!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

We were on the phone when you called, Matt. Sounds like 6-up (286) is a good score for that course (hell ANY course you shoot 'up' on is good!).

I hope that holds up and you guys all get to face off!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trust me 6 up on that course with pins is good shooting........congrats Rob! Maybe they'll pair us up?

I shot a 5 on the very first target (Turkey [:@]) so they come at you right out of the gate, no warm ups.
That's what also makes it tough, you can't warm up at any distance and then shoot. You stand to the side and shoot a couple bags at 6-8 yards then BAM out you go and an "X" yard Turkey. LOL

If you come out cold like I did you can get in trouble in a hurry. [:-]
Old 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Whats the line gonna be if RJ makes this final, too?

[8D]

Quick Reply: Congrats Matt / PA, Kidd642

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.