Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tekan II

Old 02-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tekan II

Not looking to get into a broadhead debate. Just looking for info and experiences (good or bad) with the G5 Tekan II's. I saw on their website that they've changed the look a little (they're now black), and am wondering if they changed anything else. Taking my first trip to Illinois in the fall of '08, and am thinking of using them. Considered the Rage for quite awhile, but have heard a lot about poor penetration with them. Please don't try to sell me on the Rage!!! Only looking for updated info on the Tekan II's!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tekan II

One of my friends shoots them and kills deer every year. They usually are not reuseable after his shots. Hope that helps.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Just found this on the G5 website, so I was correct in thinking they had revamped the original Tekan II.

[align=left]

[/align]

LARGER CUTTING DIAMETER WITH BETTER PERFORMANCE[/align]
MEMPHIS, Mich., G5 Outdoors, the leading manufacturer in archery equipment and design, has reintroduced the popular Tekan expandable blade broadhead.
The Tekan now comes standard with a wider 1 – ½” cutting diameter creating massive entrance and exit wounds. The blades also incorporate a serrated leading edge design, ensuring full blade deployment upon impact.
The 100-grain Tekan now features a new black oxide coating and redesigned o-ring retention system that holds the blades in place more consistently, yet still only requires three pounds of pressure for full rearward blade deployment. The rock solid one-piece stainless steel ferrule utilizes a smaller ½ “ cut-on-contact tip for maximum penetration.
“We are very excited to get this broadhead on the market,” said G5 lead design engineer and co-owner, Nate Grace. “We were able to make a great mechanical broadhead even better.”
“To design and manufacture a broadhead with this level of performance and reliability is exactly what G5 is known for,” added Garret Armstrong, G5 Brand Manager. “We couldn’t be happier with the Tekan’s performance in the field.”
About G5™ Outdoors

[/align][/align]
Old 02-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot Rage's and Tekans. Both are excellent heads but I REALLY like the Rages. I get plenty of penetration with the Rages, about 4inches in the dirt on the other side of the deer . The Rage's are USUALLY trashed after zipping through a deer, but you can usually reuse Tekan's.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot the tekan's in past years and have had great performance on the three does that i shot with them. The blood trails were the only thing that were'nt great, but they may have been addressed and could have certainly been the shot angle on the one doe.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input, Matt.

Hoping for some experiences with the revamped model!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 PM

bought 6. 2ths of a grain or less weight difference. Fly like a fieldpoint. Killed one deer. Passthrough. anxious to see what the new ones will do
Old 02-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used the Tekan IIs for a season, but switched to Rages. I had some issues with the Tekan's blade retention system, but it sounds like they've addressed that. I like all the changes they have made. They are good broadheads, very solid. If I had to switch back to them I wouldn't be disappointed, especially with the new changes.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Im gonna give them a try this year I really like that new design
Old 02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a broadhead I really want to try. I love the G5 products, haven't been let down by any of their broadheads yet.

Quick Reply: Tekan II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.