Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Waterproof Clothing? >

Waterproof Clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Waterproof Clothing?

Old 02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Waterproof Clothing?

with the upcoming turkey season, i was thinkin about waterproof clothing.....what do you guys use as bowhunters?...i mean it needs to be quiet but yet needs to actually work...i have used many products, but for some reason none really work as "waterproof" clothes ..... what brand of jackets and pants do you guys wear???
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Waterproof Clothing?

Sitka Gear 90% suit

www.sitkagear.com
www.Asatcamo.com is having a sale on in right now. Buy one size bigger if you do for the jacket. Best rain suit I have owned.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

is this the plastic set??? i am wondering if there is any camo clothing..not plastic..that you could wear as regular camo to still hunt, sit in a stand, or spot and staulk that would work very well in say a down poor?? i have heard rivers west is good, but have not used them yet??
Old 02-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of the Top clothes anymore has a water/wind barrier in them and while they may not be exactly waterproof they will keep you dry in most showers. I don't hunt in a pouring down Rain anymore.

I do have a set of Space Rain in Max-1by Cabelas that will pack in a fanny pack and it is waterproof

Dan
Old 02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

is this the plastic set??? i am wondering if there is any camo clothing..not plastic..that you could wear as regular camo to still hunt, sit in a stand, or spot and staulk that would work very well in say a down poor?? i have heard rivers west is good, but have not used them yet??
No

I wear anytime, it's also wind proof.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks germ...i have heard good things about sitka.....the 90% stuff...is it really hot, if say you had to walk up a mountain in it??
Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not in MI, LOL They have vents everywhere in that suit, I have not notice it being to hot, but I have not hiked it in either.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

none of you guys hunt in the rain?

just wanted to get it back up to the top
Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a camo rain suit from Field and Stream. I have been happy with it because it allows you to draw your bow quietly, it doesn't make that screetching sound that alot of waterproof suits make when they move. It can handle an average rain, but when it starts pouring, it doesn't hold up too well. So all in all I give it 4 stars

Quick Reply: Waterproof Clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.