Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My buddies at PETA... >

My buddies at PETA...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddies at PETA...

Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default My buddies at PETA...

haha i have kind of a random but funny story. I have a myspace page complete with several hunting pictures, and even my profile photo is of me and my mulie from a couple years back. Well this girl i knew had PETA as one of her buddies and i thought wouldn't it be funny if i requested them to be my buddy, thinking that no way would they accept it because of the hunting pictures and such. well much to my surprise they did which i found hilariously ironic. So the other day i posted a link on their page to www.petakillsanimals.com where they talk about all the animals that PETA puts down without even trying to find them homes. Well today i got an message from someone at the site explaining their side of the story. I was so shocked that they actually wrote to me, that i wrote them back. I basically told them that there organization is a bunch of misguided and juvenile punks and that their particular brand of holier then thou self righteousness is particularly revolting, haha and then thanked them for taking to time to write to me. haha like i said it is kinda random and off topic but i figured a few of you would get a kick out of it, i did.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My buddies at PETA...

gotta love people eating tasty animals!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm for the protection and ethical treatment of animals, as I feel the majority of hunters are, though PETA everytime I hear something about them, it sounds like a cult, and doesn't have animals in mind, its like a bunch of rebels or something.

I think more people in the public are ok with animal cruelty than hunters are, and I bet most people would be surprised to know this about hunters, that we don't want to see a pic hammered to death by some radio dj promotion party etc.....

Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

I'm for the protection and ethical treatment of animals, as I feel the majority of hunters are, though PETA everytime I hear something about them, it sounds like a cult, and doesn't have animals in mind, its like a bunch of rebels or something.

I think more people in the public are ok with animal cruelty than hunters are, and I bet most people would be surprised to know this about hunters, that we don't want to see a pic hammered to death by some radio dj promotion party etc.....

type *PIG
Old 01-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Theres this girl that belongs to PETA at my school and she heard me andthe teachertalking about our deer seasons and she all of a sudden started flipping out on us saying that we were cruel and heartless and only hunted so that we could torture little animals the teacher then explained to her how she was wrong and that PETA was just a bunch of hippies that need to learn the facts before they put their foot in itthelook onher face was the hilarious
Old 02-01-2008, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: gmil6184
I was so shocked that they actually wrote to me, that i wrote them back. I basically told them that there organization is a bunch of misguided and juvenile punks and that their particular brand of holier then thou self righteousness is particularly revolting, haha and then thanked them for taking to time to write to me.
Which in turn makes you sound just like them. You just verified what they already thought about you. Thank you for making all hunters as a group look like an ass. I appreciate it really.

I wouldn't mind reading the correspondence the two of you had to see how it went. You did exactly what they do to us. You took one individual and applied a whole groups ethics and tactics to that one person. We don't like it when people do that to us, why would you do it to someone else?

You might think it was funny, but I think it was actually kind of sad. You took the opportunity to educate someone on how we really feel about hunting and probably turned them farther against us.

That's how I view it anyway.

And I hope when you wrote them you used better spelling and capitalized letters that needed to be as opposed to how you posted here. Now they probably don't just think your a hunter, but some sort of hillbilly as well.

Paul
Old 02-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I can only agree with Paul, letting yourself lowered down to their standards is a bad way of showing how you care about the way you live your life.
Going on and giving your point of view on something you only know half about is plain stupid and I bet you just thought PETA members were like that......

Frank
Belgium

Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say write them back and thank them for writing you...explain that you were a little mad when you wrote them and didn't mean to offend them. Just my take on it.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM

I have to agree with Paul on this one, he and I usually don't see eye to eye, but I do on this one. Greenboy, I also understand you may be very young and I think your heart was in the right place, but do not antagonize these people, rise above them and invite them to a polite discussion. I look at it from a religious stand point kind of. When I witness to someone about Christ, Im not going to try and prove them wrong or degrade their beliefs, I simply tell them about Christ and what he has done for me and let the chips fall where they may. Same thing with dealing with PETA, most of them are uninformed about what we do, the importance of what we do, and the tradition that we carry on. Next time, try this stance instead of arguing with them, they are loaded with responses, let them do it, and then simply explain the natural order of balance in an ecosystem and the environment and then see what they may say about it. Take Care bud!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I have to agree with Paul on this one, he and I usually don't see eye to eye
Hmm, never knew we had that many issues, sorry about that.

Paul

Quick Reply: My buddies at PETA...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.