Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My buddies at PETA... >

My buddies at PETA...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddies at PETA...

Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM

Default RE: My buddies at PETA...

We had a few Paul, but it is all fine, that's what's so great about the site, maintain respect and still disagree.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

yessir,

Vabowman, you're right, that the great thing about HNI......

F.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Did they tell you why they put down all these animals?I asked a similar site one time andwas told that they kill them because animals were better dead than slaves to humans. I got a kick out of that. Heck, id trade places with my dog. Im at work, and he is at home chillin on his bed in the middle of the living room. Probably being taunted by the cat.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

Wow you guys, you need to lighten up a little bit. If you think you are going to recruit anyone from PETA you are delusional. Besides, I didn't know the grammer and spelling police were on patrol...jeez guys haha. I guess you would of had to have read the whole letter to get the context, and I think it was a little more respectful then I made it sound in my original post. But maybe some of you are as idealistic as your posts sound and if you think you can engage people like PETA in intelligent conversations then be my guest. Maybe I'm just too cynical...
Old 02-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gmil, they've all got the right idea. Noone thinks they're going to 'recruit' anyone from PETA, but to inform/educate them. I do it all the time. Sometimes you get a point across to someone who's receptive, and sometimes you get cursed at and insulted. I LOVE walking away from the latter (people who throw insults); it just gets them even more pissed at me, but I see it as me representing the hunting-community when I'm in this position.

And I also agree with the 'grammar and spelling police'. At least try to look a little educated. Others see the same things we're saying here. And I mean no offense to you; just a little constructive-criticism. We're on the same side, just tactfully different.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 AM

I believe I said I would like to see the correspondence between both of you. I would like to see what was said both ways. It is hard to say one way or another if I don't know what was said to you and how you responded. However from the small amount of text you have posted it doesn't look very impressive to me.

Not all PETA members are crazed lunatics, some are pretty smart, fairly normal people that just have a passion for animals and want to do what they can for them. My brother was going to join PETA, I talked him out of it.

While I haven't gotten any PETA members to take up hunting or anything I have managed to get a few people to quit PETA and made them realize what bad entity it was. A lot of people just don't know what they (peta) really want, when they find out the agenda and how they go about it they see the light most of the time.

I would venture to say the majority of people in PETA are pretty decent people, they just love animals. But there are enough whacked out extremists in the organization to make everyone look bad.

Same thing happens with us. When you say hunter many people think of the stereo typical hick that grabs his high powered rifle the morning of deer season and wanders through the woods shooting at anything that moves. Many don't even know you can't use a rifle where I live.

I have never converted someone that is against hunting into a hunter, but I have made them more tolerant of it and let them see why we do it. They still don't like it, but they don't loath those that do it anymore. And I have gotten a few that were on the fence about it to actually try it. I used to be that way. Didn't have anything against hunting, but had no desire to do it. Now I actually enjoy it. And it was because of one person that was passionate about hunting and took the time to explain things and introduce me to it. Not someone that was rude to me and attacked my opinions and personal beliefs.

I'm serious, if you can I would like to see the Emails or whatever between the two of you. Or give their ID and maybe some of us can talk to them as well. Maybe they are completely whacked out and you were justified in saying what you did. Doesn't make it right, but I can understand. I have said my fair share of things I wish I hadn't of. Right VA

Paul
Old 02-02-2008, 06:57 AM

We all have Paul!!