Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bag targets.....All the same? >

Bag targets.....All the same?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bag targets.....All the same?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bag targets.....All the same?

There's also the redneck bag target.... Save up all the plasticbags your wife brings home from WalMart and stuff 'em tight into a burlap sack. Works just fine, only the burlap wears out pretty quick compared to the synthetics. But then when the burlap wears out, wrap it up in some of that silt barrier that mauser06 used. Then you'd have an uptown redneck bag target.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff, I've had my Morrell Range bag for nearly 8 years now. I shoot through it (fletch through first side) depending on where I hit it consistantly with the Alli and 82nd but no other bow has done that.

I rotate it and adjust it and it's good again. I do have a broadhead target behind it in the house to be sure, outside it doesn't matter and stops ALL arrows.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

I have to say Morrell bags are the best!

They make them right up the road from me.I go
get there 2nd's.You know the bullseye might
be off center or something.But abag will be like
10$.And if you have a bag that needs Rewraped
they do it forfree.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

There's also the redneck bag target.... Save up all the plasticbags your wife brings home from WalMart and stuff 'em tight into a burlap sack. Works just fine, only the burlap wears out pretty quick compared to the synthetics. But then when the burlap wears out, wrap it up in some of that silt barrier that mauser06 used. Then you'd have an uptown redneck bag target.
Done this, it works great. You'll be surprised how many plastic bags it takes to fill a 2 bushel burlap sack.When the sack does wear out you can take it and the plastic bags and stuff them into one of the covers that are made for bag targets, cost ya 'bout 12 bucks. Now that's redneck, I know, I've done it.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Morrell makes great targets but I think that spiderweb targets will be the field point target that will actually last a lifetime.

Evenseveral 425 grain bolts at 400+ fps from a Stryker crossbowshot from10 feet only gets about 4 - 6 inches of penetration.

http://spyderwebtargets.com/
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

bigbulls beat me to it... it's what they use at the Bowtech factory... I think they got 55,000 shots on their last one?

I picked up two of these for my personal use at the ATA show.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys w/ Spyderweb experience.......

It's my understanding that the smaller 24x24 model would not be friendly for spot shooting, that it would be difficult to attach a target face to it, and that it may cause the arrows to kick out of it at odd angles. Is this correct? Is there a different cover on the large model as compared to the smaller model? I almost bought one of these, but I shoot a LOT of indoor spots games in my basement and I needed something that would be condusive to this..........

Any thoughts?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't know yet, Matt... as they were so heavy (I can't imagine anything more solidly built... talk about DENSE!!!!) I threw them in the back of one of our Bowtech trailers and I'll actually get them when I work the Il Deer & Turkey Expo next month, as I was flying back from Indy...

I think I got both the small and the large models, so I can let you know after that
Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

How are they for arrow durability? Stopping an arrow that hard can't be good for arrows? (thinking out loud, sorta like shooting into a tree)
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
(thinking out loud, sorta like shooting into a tree)
I Hope not!!

Dan

Quick Reply: Bag targets.....All the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.