Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bag targets.....All the same? >

Bag targets.....All the same?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bag targets.....All the same?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bag targets.....All the same?

They aren't like a brick wall. They do give and absorbe the arrows energy.

We picked up a 1.5 and a 2.0 at the ATA show to use a sales props until we get some it. To kind of pre sell them if you will.

The arrows pretty much stay where the enter the target. I wouldn't say that they are held like they are when shooting into a "block" type of target or solid foambut definetly more of a hold than any other bag targetI have used.

When they say one finger arrow removal they mean it. Well I guess you actually have to use two fingers but you get the picture.

My only reservation is that they are so well built that they will last too long and eventually I won't have any one to sell targets to.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Spike

Default Rag bag target

Originally Posted by Brett/IL
Another vote for the Morrell Outdoor Range target. I have had one for over a year that gets shot by 5 people on a daily basis and it is holding up great. I'll need a new cover soon, but the target itself is fine.
If you try the rag bag target you will have a tough time wearing out the cover. If your field points and inserts match the diameter of your arrow you will be able to pull them with one finger. If you can wear out all 18 dots I'll give you a new one. thirdhandarchery.com
products Rag Bag
Old 09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Morrel....No better bag targets period.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have one of the Morrel bags also and it's been shot at for 3 or 4 years and still is great. My son and a couple of his hunting buddys shoot here also so it takes about 100 or more arrows a day and stops 'em all. When it gets thin you can step on it as said above and it's good as new. I save the nylon burlap like bags that horse feed comes in from the co-op and just drop the entire target in it when it gets thread bare. I have one of the wal mart block nock offs for broadheads so it is a field point only bag.