Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Game meat and non hunters >

Game meat and non hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game meat and non hunters

Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Game meat and non hunters

ORIGINAL: Vulture6

Have to agree with everyone's comments... non-hunters aren't necessarily anti-hunters. Serve them a good meal and bring them into the fold.
I agree! I have no problem sharing venison with others. I have a couple of guys from work that never had it and when I brought them some to have were like are you sure, Yes, I'm sure.
Now they hint around for more.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game meat and non hunters

I made a big pot of chili a couple weeks ago for a freinds and family get together. There were alot of first timmers to venison and were kinda ify. Once they tried it they loved it and keep asking me to make more. Make them a great meal and they will always remember the first time they had wild game. Good luck and keep us posted...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Game meat and non hunters (Updated outcome)

Hey All
Thanks for all the input, the dinner was wonderful. On the menu was bbq elk steak lightly marinated on wild rice with some morrell mushrooms the kids and I picked last spring. My wife finished the meal off with huckleberry tarts.(kids picked the huckleberries last fall)

The discussion centered around hunting as it usually does around my house. Great conversation and I believe these 2 couples have a greater understanding of the role hunters play in the ecosystem.

Finally we ended up out in the shop where the husbands were looking over a couple of bows that I am building. Both dabble in wood working so they were very interested and I had them help me cut the string groove in a stick bow.

I asked if they would like to shoot and soon the two gents and I had strung up a 40lb recurve and were flinging arrows in the shop.

The wives must have thought we had gotten lost and soon joined us.

Several years ago I bought a genisis bow for my wife to start with. It wasnt long before all the wives were in the shop shooting with us.

To end this broken story. Even though these people admitted that they have no desire to hunt themselves they do understand the need. And who knows both gents had said that building a bow looks like somthing that they would like to do.

Thanks All

Rogue