Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Game-meat cookout

Old 09-09-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Game-meat cookout

What do you all think about having a cookout with just the meat we all shoot ourselves? We can have rabbit, squirrel, deer and different kinds of fish. Crappie, bluegill, catfish. It would be a great opportunity to get together again (can't do too much of that). If it were up here, I could host. I have the room if anyone wants to stay over, and we've got a couple spots close where we could shoot some fish. Or if one of 'yall down south wants to host something like this, I'd sure come down. I have a deep-fryer, and I still have some venison left from last year (altho I'm sure I'll add to it this year). And I'll be tryin real hard for a turkey this year!

Mmmmm, deep-fried-wild-turkey.....
Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game-meat cookout

Don't talk to me about turkeys. I bricked a disgustingly simple shot this spring...with a 12 gauge. [:@]Should have had my bow instead.

I've still got plenty of venison left from last year, so count me in for a bunch of that (or moose, if they cooperate).
Old 09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

you all still have meat from last year? Five deer in the freezer and it didn't last till March. Have it down south and after hunting season when there's nothing else going on.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Jason, I took my long bow out one year and thought I'd have no problem hitting a deer with it. I missed a fox at 12 yards, and then I missed a turkey 3 times at 15 yards. Shoulda had my compound too! Haven't hunted with the long bow since.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Let's do this. I can bring some Lake Michigan salmon. Party at Steve's house!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I'll get the fly rod out and should be able to contribute crappie, bluegill, rockbass, and other assorted panfish fillets.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

When?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

When?

I don't know. Has anyone started harvesting anything yet? I haven't been hunting yet, but I do have plans to make up another dozen flu-flus this week. And I am going out opening day for deer. And once the water hits around 40-degrees on our little lake over here, I'll be out trying to jig-up some walleye. Anyone's invited to come along for that too.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could bring some carp, but then we'd have to throw out Steve's grill. [:'(]

I was going to say wait until at least the first shotgun deer season is over so we'll have more venison in the freezer, but then we get into the holidays, and then it's real close to the Deer Classic in Bloomington.
Have to think about this.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

You guys pick the date.

I got a squirrel with my bow today. Has to be the smallest squirrel I've ever gotten. Dressed out, it's about the size of an overgrown chipmunk. [:-]

Did some deer scouting today. Things are looking pretty good. Hopefully, we will all have some deer in the freezer soon. I can also come up with some beaver and muskrat this fall if all ya'll are brave enuf.

Quick Reply: Game-meat cookout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.