HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Octane Products (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/229191-octane-products.html)

TEmbry 01-27-2008 06:26 PM

RE: Octane Products

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00[/blockquote]

Standard WB is $40 (basic model)
As is the original Hostage, which is the rest I was talking about in my post.
If im not mistaken they are still continuing with the original hostage. Probably still 40 bucks. They just added the Hostage Pro for the people who complained about plastic construction.

Basic Whisker Biscuit-35.99
Top of the Line Whisker Biscuit- 64.99

Basic Hostage- 39.99
Top of the Line Hosatge Pro-79.99 MSRP (who knows could be less in stores)

if your a budget spender your only out 4 bucks more over the WB.
if you want top quality your only out 15 bucks more over the WB.

Apples to Apples.

IDK about you all, but i would be willing to pay 15 dollars more to have no fletching contact, a few FPS more speed, and a more quiet rest. I think i want one.:D

Washington Hunter 01-27-2008 06:54 PM

I was one of the ones complaing about it being plastic. ;)That was one of my only complaints about it.

I'll be hunting with one this fall, I do believe. I'll put it through the paces for a month or so when they come out and we'll see.

Edited to add; While discussing it with my previous boss, he mentioned that they will be selling for $79.99 as has been mentioned. The price won't be dropping. I have a feeling its going to be about the same with the rest of the accessories as well.

Greg / MO 01-27-2008 07:37 PM

Is there any adjustability length wise(up and down) with the 2 piece quiver?
Greg, the two-piece has an unbelievable amount of adjustment available... See those two center posts where the quiver pieces actually attach? Both pieces can rotate 360 degrees around that... And can be locked down anywhere you want it.

And the really nice thing about the two-piece? It's a solid-mount, of course... but the back side features knurled knobs for a quick, one-hand disconnect for super-easy removal so you can throw it in a press -- yet slip the quiver pieces exactly back in the way they were before removing them.

TEmbry 01-27-2008 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I was one of the ones complaing about it being plastic. ;)That was one of my only complaints about it.

I'll be hunting with one this fall, I do believe. I'll put it through the paces for a month or so when they come out and we'll see.

Edited to add; While discussing it with my previous boss, he mentioned that they will be selling for $79.99 as has been mentioned. The price won't be dropping. I have a feeling its going to be about the same with the rest of the accessories as well.
I wasnt directing that towards you or anything.

I agree on the plastic though, it would probably hold up, but who knows. I have one and just dont like the idea of plastic.

I too will probably shoot the hostage pro this coming up fall. Just depends on how much my new FMJs will set me back.

atlasman 01-27-2008 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

ORIGINAL: atlasman

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)
Once you see an Octane quiver, you'll see there's absolutely no comparison to the Alpine.

Wasn't comparing the two..........simply stating the Alpine quiver offers every feature a bowhunter needsin a nice looking quiver for under $25.

atlasman 01-27-2008 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: rdy2hnt

For those of you complaining about the price of the quiver you need to realize the differencebetween "top of the line" and "get the job done". A long time ago I freaked when I found out how much my Mathews dealer wanted for a Mathews quiver. Well, after several frustrating hunts with plastic mounting brackets and plastic quiver bodies, Icoughed up the moneyand bought the Mathews quiver. Since then I have never looked back, until this season. The difference in machined aluminum and plastic is night and day. I too take my quiver off in the stand and you find out in a hurry that numerous on and offs in a wide temp. range tends to take it's toll on lesser materials. I bought one of the Bowtech plastic ones when I bought my Guardian with the hopes it would be better, let's just say I learned to live with it through this past season, which will be it's last.

I understand that money is tight as well as anyone. I own my own business, have a wife, and two kids. Be that as it may, it is worth the extra time to save/plan for the expense for me as opposed to cursing the "benifits" of saving some money. For those who can only get away and hunt the weekends, the plastic stuff may work. If you plan on spending the better part of both deer and turkey seasons in the woods with your bow, I feel that the extra cost of quality is worth the headaches itprevents while doing what we all love to do.

I must be missing something here..........can you explain what are the"benefits" of these quivers over the more common ones found out there (many of which have been mentioned).

Money is not an issue in my case.................why does a bowhunter "need" this (or any other "high end")quiver??

How will I notice a difference and more importantly an improvement over what I already have??........I just hate to buy a Swiss Army Knife if all I need is a knife.......cool to have and show other people, but if all you need is a knife everything else I never use is a waste.

GMMAT 01-28-2008 03:53 AM

I guess the same questins could be asked of just about anything, Atlas.

What kind of cars are in your driveway?

How about that watch on yours and your wife's wrist?

I may not buy one. But....I think they're awfully nice looking quivers...and they look like they're well-built. No more money (it seems) than the Fuse line....and I know plenty of people with those on their bows.

"Pride of ownership" is as good an excuse as many need.

Brett/IL 01-28-2008 05:50 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: rdy2hnt

For those of you complaining about the price of the quiver you need to realize the differencebetween "top of the line" and "get the job done". A long time ago I freaked when I found out how much my Mathews dealer wanted for a Mathews quiver. Well, after several frustrating hunts with plastic mounting brackets and plastic quiver bodies, Icoughed up the moneyand bought the Mathews quiver. Since then I have never looked back, until this season. The difference in machined aluminum and plastic is night and day. I too take my quiver off in the stand and you find out in a hurry that numerous on and offs in a wide temp. range tends to take it's toll on lesser materials. I bought one of the Bowtech plastic ones when I bought my Guardian with the hopes it would be better, let's just say I learned to live with it through this past season, which will be it's last.

I understand that money is tight as well as anyone. I own my own business, have a wife, and two kids. Be that as it may, it is worth the extra time to save/plan for the expense for me as opposed to cursing the "benifits" of saving some money. For those who can only get away and hunt the weekends, the plastic stuff may work. If you plan on spending the better part of both deer and turkey seasons in the woods with your bow, I feel that the extra cost of quality is worth the headaches itprevents while doing what we all love to do.

I must be missing something here..........can you explain what are the"benefits" of these quivers over the more common ones found out there (many of which have been mentioned).

Money is not an issue in my case.................why does a bowhunter "need" this (or any other "high end")quiver??

How will I notice a difference and more importantly an improvement over what I already have??........I just hate to buy a Swiss Army Knife if all I need is a knife.......cool to have and show other people, but if all you need is a knife everything else I never use is a waste.
I thought I explained the benefits quite well. I am not going to take the time to list all of the plastic quivers I have tried and the inherent problems found in all of them. The last one I had before the Bowtech one was an Alpine Soft Loc. The rubber bracket that you snap the quiver into began to pull away from the frame before I was halfway through my season. In addition to that, the screw heads that hold it on began to pull through the plastic of the mounting bracket.

If you have a plastic quiver and you feel that it works well for you, great. It has been my experience however, that machined aluminum out performs plastic in every archery accessory I have tried, especially quivers, and is worth the extra cost.