HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Octane Products (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/229191-octane-products.html)

NMFowler 01-26-2008 01:46 PM

Octane Products

Does anyone know where to buy a Hostage Pro? I called Sportsman’s Warehouse in Albuquerque, NM and they said that they received 20. 10 sold out instantly, and the other 10 were for employees. I also called Gander Mountain in Lubbock, TX and they had no idea what a hostage pro was. If anyone has any info please post it or hit me up with a PM.

MeanV2 01-26-2008 05:39 PM

RE: Octane Products

No info here;)I thought they would notbe shipping for a while yet:D

Dan

NMFowler 01-26-2008 06:02 PM

There is a handful out here and there. The guys at Sportsman's Warehouse said that they aren't supposed to see any more until possibly as late as August; the few that came in were more for advertising than anything. It's kind of a sick way of doing business, almost like a drug dealer. They give the public just a taste to get us craving more.

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 06:16 PM

Late August is totally incorrect.

Right now, this is the projected times for the products to hit the shelves:

It looks like the last week of February on the quivers and stabilizers. The Hostage Pro will be sometime around second week of March…

GMMAT 01-26-2008 06:30 PM

What's the one piece quiver gonna set a man back?

OKbowhunter20 01-26-2008 06:31 PM

I wish we knew some prices on some of these accessories

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 07:09 PM

Jeff, if I remember correctly from the ATA... the one-piece carried a MSRP of around $129.99. It comes with both hoods (one with the pre-cut foam containing a rust-inhibitive agent, and the other -- which was absolutely the buzz of the whole ATA show -- the one with the rubber lining hiding the rare-earth magnets. Every time I showed a dealer one of these, their mouths dropped open...

I had a mixture of field points and broadheads inserted into the quiver, and I would remove all the shafts from the bottom gripper, thus allowing them to just hang inside the hood. I would show the underneath side of the hood to the dealer, and they could plainly see there was nothing holding the heads in place from the sides. Then, I would take the quiver and literally throw it down the ground in my hand as hard as I could, stopping the momentum before the knocks slammed into the ground. Never once did I have an arrow come free from the hold of the magnets... They are simply the coolest quiver I've yet seen. Machined aluminum, tons of adjustability, and the hoods are finished in that awesome Invelvet finish and available in all the colors Bowtech offers on their website.

The site should be up soon at www.fuelthehunt.com

GMMAT 01-26-2008 07:15 PM

Every time I showed a dealer one of these, their mouths dropped open...
Greg....

No disrespect......but my mouth just dropped open, too (at the cost)[&:]

I like them.....but the $30 bohning I have works just fine. I really wonder where these people are coming from that are willing to pay that for a quiver.

Don't get me wrong....I pay good money for a LOT of things others might not think they need.

I just think I'll pass on that prie tag. No cut on the product. I'm sure it's a fine piece of equipment.

Washington Hunter 01-26-2008 07:19 PM

I think I've got to agree with Jeff on this one. $130 for a quiver? With magnets?

I'm sure its a sweet quiver and all, but seriously? $130 for the quiver, $80 for the rest, what are we looking at for the stabalizer? $100?

[&:]

BowHuntingFool 01-26-2008 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Every time I showed a dealer one of these, their mouths dropped open...
Greg....

No disrespect......but my mouth just dropped open, too (at the cost)[&:]

I like them.....but the $30 bohning I have works just fine. I really wonder where these people are coming from that are willing to pay that for a quiver.

Don't get me wrong....I pay good money for a LOT of things others might not think they need.

I just think I'll pass on that prie tag. No cut on the product. I'm sure it's a fine piece of equipment.
HOLY ****!!!!!!! I agree with GMMAT, what the hell does a $130.00 quiver do?????

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 07:31 PM

Guys, remember... that's MSRP ... most of you realize that dealers rarely sell products for that. I expect it to come in right in line with Hoyt's "Fuse" line and Mathews' quivers.

The number we wrote orders for the first day blew away expectations that were set for a much longer time frame... ;), and that wouldn't have happened if dealers weren't confident that they could sell it competitively with other high-end offerings currently out there. That said, that phrase is appropriate: it is a high-end offering. It won't be for everyone, and no one at Bowtech is pretending it is.

MarquetteMagnum 01-26-2008 07:34 PM

I wonder how long before something similar comes out for much cheaper. Sounds like a great thing for one of the big names to get ahold of.

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 07:35 PM

what are we looking at for the stabalizer? $100?
Dan -- again, going solely from memory after a few weeks -- I think the 7" bowhunter models come in around $60 or so.

Washington Hunter 01-26-2008 07:35 PM

Thats something I've always appreciated about Bowtech though, Greg. While they may make high qualityproducts they do their best to keep the prices reasonable enough that Joe Blow can afford them. Regardless of whether MSRP and actual price may vary, it just sort of shocks me. We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year. Just kind of shocking...

BowHuntingFool 01-26-2008 07:36 PM

I don't understand what is so good about it that makes it so expensive?????? :eek:

BowHuntingFool 01-26-2008 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Thats something I've always appreciated about Bowtech though, Greg. While they may make high quality products they do their best to keep the prices reasonable enough that Joe Blow can afford them. Regardless of whether MSRP and actual price may vary, it just sort of shocks me. We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year. Just kind of shocking...
Good point Dan, I am VERY happy with my $40 Bowtech quiver from last year! :)

GMMAT 01-26-2008 07:58 PM

Well....the Bohning actually keeps the Rage heads "suspended" and not in contact with foam/rubber.

Hard to beat for the money.

brucelanthier 01-26-2008 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

the one with the rubber lining hiding the rare-earth magnets.
I am guessing you don't want that one too close to your compass when you are shooting an azimuth :D:D.

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 08:08 PM

We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year.
Dan, there's simply no way you can compare the products at those two price points you mentioned; they're not even in the same ballpark when talking quality. All of the Octane line is CNC-machined out of 6061 aluminum. The one-piece quiver, for example, offers over six inches of vertical and horizontal adjustability for personal preference and to prevent arrow extension beyond the bow to prevent dirt-packed nocks. It also allows 30 degrees of angular adjustment to fit a wider range of bow and arrow combinations.

The proprietary gripper design provides stiffer arrow retention to prevent arrow loss in the field, yet "opens" with the press of a finger. The quiver can be attached and detached by hand ina single motion, and Teflon connectors ensure it will be absolutely silent in the field. Ever stuck your broadheads into your quiver and not inserted them perfectly straight, resulting in having to pull them back out and re-insert them to prohibit the blades from touching one another? I have. And I've cringed every time I slide them in and out of the foam and think about what it's doing to my razor-sharp blades. It also "wallows" out a hole in my foam insert, lessening the quiver's ability to securely hold the arrow. Even sticking broadheads into rubber-type tops concerns me when inserting cut-on-contact style blades.

With the Octane's magnetic inserts, their powerful magnetic force centers the broadheads automatically -- I actually tried sticking them in on the sides and watched them "jump" to the middle -- and protects the arrow tips and blades. NOTHING makes contact with the rubber lining inside the hood except the VERY tip of the point. This feature offers exact parallel mounting of your arrows, and also keeps your vanes from touching -- a common source of vibration and sound if you happen to shoot with your quiver on.

Again -- these high-end accessories won't be for everyone. But they will be right in line with the Fuse and Mathews offerings and I believe they blow those away in form and functionality.

edit - the site is now live for the Octane line: www.fuelthehunt.com

Washington Hunter 01-26-2008 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year.
Dan, there's simply no way you can compare the products at those two price points you mentioned; they're not even in the same ballpark when talking quality. All of the Octane line is CNC-machined out of 6061 aluminum. The one-piece quiver, for example, offers over six inches of vertical and horizontal adjustability for personal preference and to prevent arrow extension beyond the bow to prevent dirt-packed nocks. It also allows 30 degrees of angular adjustment to fit a wider range of bow and arrow combinations.

The proprietary gripper design provides stiffer arrow retention to prevent arrow loss in the field, yet "opens" with the press of a finger. The quiver can be attached and detached by hand ina single motion, and Delron connectors ensure it will be absolutely silent in the field. Every stuck your broadheads into your quiver and not inserted them perfectly straight, resulting in having to pull them back out and re-insert them to prohibit the blades from touching one another? I have. And I've cringed every time I slide them in and out of the foam and think about what it's doing to my razor-sharp blades. It also "wallows" out a hole in my foam insert, lessening the quiver's ability to securely hold the arrow. Even sticking broadheads into rubber-type tops concerns me when inserting cut-on-contact style blades.

With the Octane's magnetic inserts, their powerful magnetic force centers the broadheads automatically -- I actually tried sticking them in on the sides and watched them "jump" to the middle -- and protects the arrow tips and blades. NOTHING makes contact with the rubber lining inside the hood except the VERY tip of the point. This feature offers exact parallel mounting of your arrows, and also keeps your vanes from touching -- a common source of vibration and sound if you happen to shoot with your quiver on.

Again -- these high-end accessories won't be for everyone. But they will be right in line with the Fuse and Mathews offerings and I believe they blow those away in form and functionality.

Lord, I hope not. I went through three of those dang quivers last summer before I finally said screw it and went ahead and used a broken one. That whole "locks in place" thing never really... locked in place.

I'm sure its a killer quiver, Greg, and I'll likely buy one along with the Hostage Pro and a stabalizer.

I've actually had the foam in the quiver I used last year dull the blades on my broadheads and I also rolled the blades on two of them because they slid over one another. ;)

I'm just voicing a concern through the consumer's eyes. When you're used to low prices it throws you into sticker shock when you see those numbers, you know?

Now, as a potential buyer... What are we talking weight wise on both the quiver and the 7" stabalizer?

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 08:20 PM

bruce, that's a good point... and you're absolutely correct. I think we hung signs somewhere around our booth as well warning those who might be wearing pacemakers; they're that strong.

When the guys on the design team were first looking into the concept of usingthe magnets, severalcame away with blood blisters on their hands when trying to separate a couple of magnets as they jumped back together and caught skin in between them.

One ofthe things we were telling people when showing them was that someone could screw in atreestep above their head and simply "stick" it to the underneath side of the step as a holder. Then, they could remove the remaining arrows from the bottom gripper and have them simply hanging there at the ready for follow-up shots.

MeanV2 01-26-2008 08:33 PM

As an Archery dealer for several years I know there are some guys that want the best and money is no object. There are also guys that appreciate top notch equipment and while $$ may be tight they will save and buy them when they can because they know it is worth the extra $. There are also guys that had rather get by and won't spend an extra buck they don't have to. This goes with all Hunting equipment and accessories.

I had a fellow come into the shop one day and he was looking for a quiver. I think I showed him an Alpine Soft Loc which has always been a solid choice in a Quiver. He was shocked at the price and at the time I think it was thirty something dollars. He sat there and kept looking at it and finally said: I don't think I'll get it. I only have 2 arrows so I can just carry them in. I was thinking as he walked out the door, well that figures;)

I for one have always wanted Bowtech to come out with a top notch quiver. Options!! That's what it is all about and there are very few Bow companies that give you as many as Bowtech.:D

Dan

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 08:35 PM

What are we talking weight wise on both the quiver and the 7" stabalizer?
I don't have any specs on their weight, but I can tell youwith as much professionalism as I can that they're"light." :)Very light. Remember, it's 98% machined aluminum with a ton of cutouts. The 7" stab felt much lighter than the 6" Stealths I've got on four of my bows... I think most of its heft was concentrated out at the end in the active plunger.

buckmaster 01-26-2008 08:43 PM

I really like the stabilizer, so if the 7" is gonna run about $60 i would ay the 11.5 would run around $80??

TeeJay 01-26-2008 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

, what the hell does a $130.00 quiver do?????

Duh, hold your arrows:D

BowHuntingFool 01-26-2008 09:17 PM

Good one there Tee Jay, ya got me! [8D] Doah......

Geronimo 01-26-2008 10:22 PM

It's called being "Good" to yourself when you buy something that's just a little extraordinary...like a $130 quiver! I say go for the Gusto and maximze your passions. If good is good then better is better and we deserve it....

atlasman 01-27-2008 01:20 AM

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)

Bohning makes quality quiversas wellin the same range.

OHbowhntr 01-27-2008 02:27 AM

I tend to agree, I don't see me paying much over $25-30 for a quiver, because I get what fits my needs for that price range. I like a detachable quiver that I can hang on my tree, or slide in a little brush to hide my fletches when getting in close to my quarry. BUDGET, I'm all about getting the most out of my dollar, and raising a couple of kids, paying a house payment, etc, means I need to stretch my dollar for what I can get best out of it. While these products look to be pretty nice, I agree that they may need to have a little lower MSRP to be competitive.

buckeye 01-27-2008 05:36 AM

So does BowTech and Diamond. Now they are offeringtwo "high end" quivers as well.

Tell me how is this a bad thing.....? Ireally amlost on this one......

PABuck_HNTR 01-27-2008 06:35 AM

$40 rest last year to $80 rest this year. Just kind of shocki
I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00, unless it was a prong style. I think good drop away rests have been above the 80.00 mark for about 3 years atleast.

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)

I guess we all know what Atlas uses now. ;)

Personnally I could care a less what the "other guy" uses. I want good functional accessories to go along with my 700.00 dollar bow. I don't want my bow outfitted with plastic sights and pvc quivers. I want what I think is top of the line equiptment and if it costs a few more dollars...so what, I'll work a little harder and a few hours more to get them. But that's just me:D

BowTech_Shooter 01-27-2008 06:38 AM

For those that believe the cost of the Octane accessories is too much, thelower cost quivers that have been available for several years will still be available under the Diamond brand.

Geronimo 01-27-2008 06:40 AM

I have an Alpine Bearclaw and it is noisy because of vibration. I suspect all one piece quivers are going to vibrate to some degree.

HuntingBry 01-27-2008 07:09 AM

I am usually a $40 and under quiver guy. Last year because of a sight choice that made the use of most removable quivers difficult I picked up a Mathews Arrow Web quiver. I got a good deal on it because their new quivers had just come out and the guy I bought it from had to have the new one. This was my first very expensive quiver.

The point is, the options and craftsmanship on the expensive quiver were much nicer than the cheaper quivers, but they both do essentially the same thing. From what Greg is saying it really sounds like these new Bowtech quivers offer some NEW options and do some things that lesser quivers just can't do. It also sounds like some of the new options are either better than those offered on other high-end quivers or something the others don't offer.

So, while $100+ for a quiver is a lot, this sounds like it may be the only one that offers something more than a name and some better components for the money.

atlasman 01-27-2008 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

So does BowTech and Diamond. Now they are offeringtwo "high end" quivers as well.

Tell me how is this a bad thing.....? Ireally amlost on this one......

Never said it was bad.........just don't see a need for them for me. I have no problem paying money for something if I think I am getting something back for it.

UnderArmour is a perfect example...........$70 for a shirt that isn't gonna do anything more for me then a $20 shirt without the UA label on it.

I'm sure the new quivers are nice.

atlasman 01-27-2008 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00
Standard WB is $40 (basic model)

I guess we all know what Atlas uses now. ;)
Bohning actually........had for 4 years now with zero problems. I don't shoot with a quiver on so it is nothing more then a carrying case to me.

Personnally I could care a less what the "other guy" uses.
Weird thing to say after pointing out what "I" shoot

atlasman 01-27-2008 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

I have an Alpine Bearclaw and it is noisy because of vibration. I suspect all one piece quivers are going to vibrate to some degree.

When I said silent I was referring to taking on and off the bow. I have never shot with quiver on.

Washington Hunter 01-27-2008 03:51 PM

[blockquote]quote:

I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00[/blockquote]

Standard WB is $40 (basic model)
As is the original Hostage, which is the rest I was talking about in my post.

PABuck_HNTR 01-27-2008 04:43 PM

Wow everyone one is so touchy today.

Germ 01-27-2008 04:47 PM

Wow everyone one is so touchy today.
That time of the month;)