HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Octane Products (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/229191-octane-products.html)

NMFowler 01-26-2008 01:46 PM

Octane Products

Does anyone know where to buy a Hostage Pro? I called Sportsman’s Warehouse in Albuquerque, NM and they said that they received 20. 10 sold out instantly, and the other 10 were for employees. I also called Gander Mountain in Lubbock, TX and they had no idea what a hostage pro was. If anyone has any info please post it or hit me up with a PM.

MeanV2 01-26-2008 05:39 PM

RE: Octane Products

No info here;)I thought they would notbe shipping for a while yet:D

Dan

NMFowler 01-26-2008 06:02 PM

There is a handful out here and there. The guys at Sportsman's Warehouse said that they aren't supposed to see any more until possibly as late as August; the few that came in were more for advertising than anything. It's kind of a sick way of doing business, almost like a drug dealer. They give the public just a taste to get us craving more.

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 06:16 PM

Late August is totally incorrect.

Right now, this is the projected times for the products to hit the shelves:

It looks like the last week of February on the quivers and stabilizers. The Hostage Pro will be sometime around second week of March…

GMMAT 01-26-2008 06:30 PM

What's the one piece quiver gonna set a man back?

OKbowhunter20 01-26-2008 06:31 PM

I wish we knew some prices on some of these accessories

Greg / MO 01-26-2008 07:09 PM

Jeff, if I remember correctly from the ATA... the one-piece carried a MSRP of around $129.99. It comes with both hoods (one with the pre-cut foam containing a rust-inhibitive agent, and the other -- which was absolutely the buzz of the whole ATA show -- the one with the rubber lining hiding the rare-earth magnets. Every time I showed a dealer one of these, their mouths dropped open...

I had a mixture of field points and broadheads inserted into the quiver, and I would remove all the shafts from the bottom gripper, thus allowing them to just hang inside the hood. I would show the underneath side of the hood to the dealer, and they could plainly see there was nothing holding the heads in place from the sides. Then, I would take the quiver and literally throw it down the ground in my hand as hard as I could, stopping the momentum before the knocks slammed into the ground. Never once did I have an arrow come free from the hold of the magnets... They are simply the coolest quiver I've yet seen. Machined aluminum, tons of adjustability, and the hoods are finished in that awesome Invelvet finish and available in all the colors Bowtech offers on their website.

The site should be up soon at www.fuelthehunt.com

GMMAT 01-26-2008 07:15 PM

Every time I showed a dealer one of these, their mouths dropped open...
Greg....

No disrespect......but my mouth just dropped open, too (at the cost)[&:]

I like them.....but the $30 bohning I have works just fine. I really wonder where these people are coming from that are willing to pay that for a quiver.

Don't get me wrong....I pay good money for a LOT of things others might not think they need.

I just think I'll pass on that prie tag. No cut on the product. I'm sure it's a fine piece of equipment.

Washington Hunter 01-26-2008 07:19 PM

I think I've got to agree with Jeff on this one. $130 for a quiver? With magnets?

I'm sure its a sweet quiver and all, but seriously? $130 for the quiver, $80 for the rest, what are we looking at for the stabalizer? $100?

[&:]

BowHuntingFool 01-26-2008 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Every time I showed a dealer one of these, their mouths dropped open...
Greg....

No disrespect......but my mouth just dropped open, too (at the cost)[&:]

I like them.....but the $30 bohning I have works just fine. I really wonder where these people are coming from that are willing to pay that for a quiver.

Don't get me wrong....I pay good money for a LOT of things others might not think they need.

I just think I'll pass on that prie tag. No cut on the product. I'm sure it's a fine piece of equipment.
HOLY ****!!!!!!! I agree with GMMAT, what the hell does a $130.00 quiver do?????