Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What every hunter needs >

What every hunter needs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What every hunter needs

Old 01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What every hunter needs

OK,MAYBE NOT

http://www.mazdog.com/

Wonder what that feels like when you shoot.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: What every hunter needs

Another silly invention that unfortunately they'll make some money on. Are we that lazy that we need something like this? I wonder how long the treestand version will be?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Reminds me of the Knight and Hale steady ready, or whatever it's called......yeah, don't think I'll be dragging that out in the woods.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Reminds me of the Knight and Hale steady ready, or whatever it's called......yeah, don't think I'll be dragging that out in the woods.
Exactly what I was thinking.

What really gets me is the fact that there really are people who'll buy and use these...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM

I can hear (insert your favorite tv hunter here) saying, "well, we're sitting over a cut corn field today, prime time chase phase. we've got this new product we're going to try, let me just get it out and set up here"

From there, you see said tv star fumbling around w/ that crazy thing in the stand, making enough noise and commotion to chase all the deer away. Yeah, that's just what I want to use in my treestand, steady sticks......NOT
Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

I can hear (insert your favorite tv hunter here) saying, "well, we're sitting over a cut corn field today, prime time chase phase. we've got this new product we're going to try, let me just get it out and set up here"

From there, you see said tv star fumbling around w/ that crazy thing in the stand, making enough noise and commotion to chase all the deer away. Yeah, that's just what I want to use in my treestand, steady sticks......NOT

I think they will be sitting in a blind getting setup for a 70 yard shot.[8D]
Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Another silly invention that unfortunately they'll make some money on.

Why is it unfortunateif theymake some money??
Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Host of Hosts

Because that means they fooled some people into thinking they need one.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

It looks like that would hinder my follow through after the shot. When I shoot the bow naturally rolls forward. Itlooks like this would stop that motion butmaybe it doesn't matter if your stabilized. It's not something I need but will probably be a must have for many people.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Because that means they fooled some people into thinking they need one.
So are we saying the product doesn't work, or that we don't need it? It looks to me like it would work to some degree. No different than shooting sticks or a bibod for a rifle. If you had trouble holding steady this might actually help a little. Would probably be a pain to use compared to a rifle though since the mechanics of shooting a bow are a little different.

I would want to actually try one before I labeled it a complete piece of junk though.

So are we saying it doesn't work, we don't need it, or some just feel it shouldn't be used in archery?

If it does work to some degree and a person feels they could use it and were not objected to using it why shouldn't anyone make any money off from it? This is America isn't it? I mean that IS the American dream after all.

I bet a lot of people thought the same thing about the fancy drop a way rests at first. "We don't need them, they don't work, they are junk, they are cheating." You name it, I bet it was said. I remember when the Muzzy Zero Effects came out and all the things that were said about them. Now they are one of the more popular rests on the market right now. And one of my favorite drop a ways.

I bet the guy that invented the limb savers probably flat out got laughed at more than a few times. And it is one of the few archery gadgets that truly works and works well for the price. I won't own a bow without putting them on.

And what about our own MeanV and the STS type products. They have taken a lot of criticism as well (from me personally sometimes). That in no way means they are junk and I don't feel they should make any money off from the idea or that they are ripping people off. I am even thinking about trying one at some point. I thought about putting one on my girlfriends Rintec. Thought about trying the windstalker thing as well.

Something to think about anyway.

Paul

Quick Reply: What every hunter needs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.