Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What broadheads do you use? >

What broadheads do you use?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What broadheads do you use?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What broadheads do you use?

2 blade rage
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rage 2 blade... Fly like a field point cut like a grenade!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duramax05

Rage....Anyone that doesn't like them hasn't used them
Bull. I bought them ,came home and shot them at targets, I returned them the same day, they dont look very durable, I didnt like the way they opened up, had me wondering if they were opening on flight, they didnt fly great either, had a slight weave or spiral as they flew.

I have used mech and killed quite a few deer. I just had them fail one too many times.
I have had them fail to penetrate some times. Its like they absorb to much impact as they are opening up, talking about the kind that fold back on impact. I had the eastmans do this to me twice,I actually had one damn near bounce off a deer.
I use Muzzy 4 blades now. I dont care, you can argue till your blue in the face, fixed blades ARE BETTER. Years ago I had trouble getting fixed blades tofly true. Now days with these new bows and drop away rests, they're is literally no tuning, screw them on and they fly like field points.
I use muzzys because they are cheap in price and are very very good, are they're better ? Yes but at twice the price but you wont notice it on deer. You will only notice the better quality if you shoot plywood or metal drums.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

ORIGINAL: Duramax05

I dont care, you can argue till your blue in the face, fixed blades ARE BETTER.
That's anopinion issue. My spitfires have never failed me and they will blow a hole as large or larger than any fixed blade. I used to use muzzy100's, but the spitfires have outperformed them.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM

G5 Montec 100gr. No problems at all.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not an opinion its a fact, shoot a expandable on the scapula of a deer and do it with a fixed, shoot a deer on a hard quartering with an expandable and do it with a fixed, shoot a target with an expandable and shoot it with a fixed, the fixed will out penetrate it everytime.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Grim reapers.... best mechanical head I have use. Yes, I have use Rage before making the switch. Ragemake big entrance hole but lacks penetration.Shot a doe at 15 yards, broadside and went in only 12". Yes, it did put the doe down less than 50 yards but I don't know what will happen if it hit bones. Don't get me wrong, Rage are a pretty good head butGrim reapers has giving me big holes, penatration and are built like a tank. Check out their videos on youtube. You'll be impress, I know I was, that's why I made the switch and has not look back.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Magnus buzzcut stingers. . .the best i have ever seen
Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

G5 Montec's
Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Here we go.........

Quick Reply: What broadheads do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.