HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What broadheads do you use?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
zrexpilot
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What broadheads do you use?

ORIGINAL: Duramax05

Rage....Anyone that doesn't like them hasn't used them
Bull. I bought them ,came home and shot them at targets, I returned them the same day, they dont look very durable, I didnt like the way they opened up, had me wondering if they were opening on flight, they didnt fly great either, had a slight weave or spiral as they flew.

I have used mech and killed quite a few deer. I just had them fail one too many times.
I have had them fail to penetrate some times. Its like they absorb to much impact as they are opening up, talking about the kind that fold back on impact. I had the eastmans do this to me twice,I actually had one damn near bounce off a deer.
I use Muzzy 4 blades now. I dont care, you can argue till your blue in the face, fixed blades ARE BETTER. Years ago I had trouble getting fixed blades tofly true. Now days with these new bows and drop away rests, they're is literally no tuning, screw them on and they fly like field points.
I use muzzys because they are cheap in price and are very very good, are they're better ? Yes but at twice the price but you wont notice it on deer. You will only notice the better quality if you shoot plywood or metal drums.