Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many is too many?? >

How many is too many??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many is too many??

Old 01-23-2008, 11:20 AM

Default How many is too many??

How many deer taken in one year by a person is too many?? All things being equal, should someone kill 25- 30 deer a year?? Is it necessary? I know two guys that killed this amount last year. One killed 28 the other 31. All gun kills. "Do you need to kill that many??" I asked, they said, "sure do, I ain't out there to waste my time" I just don'tsee the need, no way are they eating that much.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many is too many??

If they are doing it legally and someone (FHFH will take as many as you give them until their processing money runs out)is eating the meat why does it matter to you how many deer someone else kills?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

As long as somebody's eating them....and it's not a detriment to the natural resource.....there is nothing wrong with killing (_________).
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 AM

Well, they don't do it legally, and two, the bragging of doing this is rediculous. You don't agree??
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 AM

I know folks that kill 5-10 a year, and live off of that meat year round. They eat all of it. I myself can't eat that much, and if I didn't have to pay for processing I would shoot more than I do and donate them. I see absolutely no problem w/ someone killing 100 of them every year as long as they don't go to waste.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iam only feeding four people me included so One is fine with me....If I get a smaller doe I will go out and try to get one more.....I have inlaws the raise beef and pigs so I dont rely on just deer......
Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 AM

I kill my share and it gets eaten, 100% of it, just don't see the joy of killing 25-30 deer in one season.... guess Im the only one that feels this way.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is a lot, but as long as its legal and not wasted, then i dont see anything wrong with it really
Old 01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

If their not doing it legally turn them in.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Well, they don't do it legally, and two, the bragging of doing this is rediculous. You don't agree??
Well, if they don't do it legally then they are poaching. And bragging about breaking the law is only ridiculous if the person you are bragging too will turn you in. So, are you mad at them because they are poachers, or are you mad at yourself because you won't turn them in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.