Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many is too many?? >

How many is too many??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many is too many??

Old 01-23-2008, 11:33 AM

Default RE: How many is too many??

It just seems counter productive after a while, I mean I passed up 37 deer this bow season, Im talking 15 yd shots, I would have not been able to get rid of that much meat if I had too. I enjoyed just seeing them. I don't see killing 25-30 deer a year in one or two areas is not doing damage in most cases to the natural resource. maybe Im completely wrong on this, if so I will stand corrected.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

If you have the popultation to take that many deer, it's fine as long as they are not going to waste.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 AM

I don't know what they did with all the meat, I can't see them eating it all themselves. Oh well, to each his own I guess, I will never do that.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

I would agree with most on here that say that people should kill as many deer as makes them happy (assuming it is legal). That being said i think shooting 30 deer with a rifle would kinda lose its thrill after awhile. Believe me i love to hunt with a rifle, but personally if i got that good at it (or it was that easy, depending) i think i would switch it up and use a shotgun/pistol/muzzleloader/bow to make it a little more challenging. That being said if they are having a ball wackin' and stackin' em with rifles and they aren't going to waste, then more power to them.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

It just seems counter productive after a while, I mean I passed up 37 deer this bow season, Im talking 15 yd shots, I would have not been able to get rid of that much meat if I had too. I enjoyed just seeing them. I don't see killing 25-30 deer a year in one or two areas is not doing damage in most cases to the natural resource. maybe Im completely wrong on this, if so I will stand corrected.
In MD we can kill 36+ deer legally if you bowhunt, muzzleload and shotgun or just bowhunt . If it would "damage the naturla resource" I am sure DNR would adjust the bag limits. We have too many deer for not enough habitat right now.

FHFH will take all of the meat you will give them, they help people get meat that are down on their luck.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:39 AM

Ok well I asked and now I recieved my answer, most see nothing wrong with killing 30 deer in one season, at least you guys are honest, tell me what ya think and don't hold back, love this forum!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Ok well I asked and now I recieved my answer, most see nothing wrong with killing 30 deer in one season, at least you guys are honest, tell me what ya think and don't hold back, love this forum!!!

I dont see anything wrong with taking a hundred if its legal, but I wouldn't knowingly allow someone to take even one illegaly. [:'(] But thats just me.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Still haven't answered why you didn't turn them in if they are poaching?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:47 AM

everyone has their own rules, so Im not upset with anyone who disagrees with me, we have an unlimited amount of doe tags in Va, so whatever floats the boat for ya, I just don't think I would have as much enthusiasim to hunt if I killed that many.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

So are they legal or not? If legal who cares? They obviously have an absurd overabundance of deer. If they are poaching they should get whats coming to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.