Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cable slide?

Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default cable slide?

I drew on a doe tonight and my cable slide made a awful LOUD scrubbing noise. Have any of you guys experienced this? It was cold for our area around 30 at the time. My bow is a Diamond justice and the cable slide is a aftermarket not sure of the name (I broke two factory cable slides so I had to go to this one). I sprayed some silicone on the rod when I got it home and that seemed to help, but I haven't tried it in the elements. Thanks in advance for replies.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cable slide?

I have shot several times in the last week in significantly colder temps and have never had a noise problem. I don't have a Diamond, though. My son was shooting with me (with a Diamond Rapture) and he has not had a problem either, so I doubt it is the cold.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NChunterman

I drew on a doe tonight and my cable slide made a awful LOUD scrubbing noise. Have any of you guys experienced this? It was cold for our area around 30 at the time. My bow is a Diamond justice and the cable slide is a aftermarket not sure of the name (I broke two factory cable slides so I had to go to this one). I sprayed some silicone on the rod when I got it home and that seemed to help, but I haven't tried it in the elements. Thanks in advance for replies.
So what was the outcome?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Rob
he deer went on an immediate alert from the sound. They never presented a shot. I shot a doe out of this stand the other night and I while I was on the phone feeling my dad in on what had just happened these same 5 deer slipped in without me knowing. Needless to say they spooked and tonight the first one to come in looked directly up at me. Tommorrow I will move my stand and let things settle until Saturday afternoon. Hopefully I can harvest one more doe, tonight my g/f and I had steaks from the backstrap of the doe I harvested last week; it was better than any steak I've ever had.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I thought maybe that was the story but I was routing for ya.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I keep hearing great things about the Saunders Hyperglide... I'll know soon as I've got one on the way for my '08 Guardian. And another MeanV suppressor.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:22 AM

Try one of these.........works as good as it looks. http://www.alpinearchery.com/mach5slide.html

Pic of one on an old bow of mine.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Saunders Hyper Glide Slide is the Cream of the CropLet me know when yours arrives Greg.

Rollers are always better than sliding. I don't care what the material is. I have a Hyper Glide on every bow I have that has a Cable Guard

Dan