Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WB; not accurate? >

WB; not accurate?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:20 PM

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Nice, little "review" Dan, that's impressive shooting as well. Especially on 9 consecutive shots [8D].

At the shop, I probably sell WB's 4 to 1 over any other rest. I'll recommend both, just by judging the customer. I see more customers this past year wanting to go to drop aways.
How many of those customers do you tell that the WB isn't as accurate though, Matt?

Not trying to be a pain or anything, I'm just curious. You seemed pretty adament about it last night here, are you the same way at the shop?
When a customer asks my opinion. I tell them I prefer a drop away, and thats what I shoot. Most of the time they'll ask about a WB, and I'll say it's a great hunting rest. That way, I don't talk them down. If its the type of person who drags their bow out 1 week before season, and then puts it back after season, I'll tell them a WB would be better suited. I HONESTLY have never told anyone that has come into the shop that WB's aren't accurate. I've never been asked that question. I will say that they CAN damage vanes.

That's a fact though, I know I'll have people say that this isn't true if it's set up properly. Some will damage vanes and some won't. I don't know why it does it to only a certain few. When I was shooting a WB, I never had vane trouble, but I've had it happen to people who's bows I've set up. Even ones that tear perfect bullet holes.
Understood, Matt. I was only wondering because when asked last night, you skirted the question as to WHY you thought it was less accurate. No malice intended in my posts, I was just curious.

They do damage vanes. I had one rip off during this experiment. Partly my fault as I didn't put a dab of glue on the end of each vane.

They are noisy. My FMJ made an audible scraping noise as I drew it back.

Those weren't the issues in question. The issue was whether or not the WB was accurate past 20 yards, and my observations are that it is.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Had one on my Tribby, loved it, hated it. It's accurate alright but it chewed up my arrows.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I would LOVE to have, is a Hooter Shooter. That would be a great way to test some stuff like this. I'm not saying human results are not enough proof, but I'd love to take the human element out of it.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM

I have had a Whisker Biscuit on all my bows for the past few years. Compared to the open fork drop aways, I considered them a better hunting rest. However, in the past month I have gone to a containment drop away (QAD Ultra Hunter) on my primary hunting bow (05 Hoyt Protec); and plan to switch my backup hunting bow in the near future. Although the WB can shoot very good groups out to as far as I practice - 70 yards - they do not seem to be quite as forgiving as the drop away. I'm also concerned with the wear pattern at the bottom of the biscuit hole; which causes the point of impact to graduallydrop over time - and changes the tune a little - eventually requiring the biscuit to be replaced. Never had any fletching damage and really don't care about three fps.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 PM

I think its personal preference and Washington Hunter showed us that it can/is as accurate as a drop away. The one thing about the WB is that if you have a flaw in your form eg: bad follow throughyou will see it in your arrow flight more with the WB than you would with a drop away due to the arrow being in contact with the rest.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only issues I have with the WB is they are not tuner friendly,which to me is a big issue.I mean tune by being able to get centershot set(properly) and vertical alignment set and a properly spined arrows to shoot field tips and broadheads in the same spot WHILE maintaining a good tear in paper.I have not seen one do it yet.I have a low poundage set up and can't stand to have kick in my arrow and I will not throw out the proper settings on the bow to get a good tear.

The other factor is forgiveness,I am not naturally a good shot and I have to work very hard to begood at it and need all the help I can get out of my equipment in that area.

That is not downplaying the effectiveness of the rest or accuracy but it isn't for me.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work, Dan.

WB worked for me a long time. 6 years. Drop away shooter now, as of today in fact.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMO the # 1 deciding factor in groups over 20 yards is if the bow and rest are set up correctly. if they are tight at 40 yards then you have it set up correctly and the shooter also has it in him to keep tight consistent groups. I shoot the WB and love it, i will probably try a dropaway, just because i can and keep it interesting but the WB goes to the woods everytime while hunting
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put one on my wife's bow because they are extremely easy to set up, it removes the possibility of the arrow falling off the rest as she is getting her bow into position, and it is inexpensive. All in all it is a great hunting rest. She easily shoots 4" diameter groups at 30 yards, and for a first year shooter who averages about 40 arrows a week spring-fall, that is pretty darn good.

When I first read the "not accurate?" part of the thread title I thought I was going to have to argue that it was. I am glad that all I have to do is agree

The only reason that I do not have one is simply because I have been using a metal prong rest for probably 15 years and I am just used to it.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.