HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WB; not accurate?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Washington Hunter

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Nice, little "review" Dan, that's impressive shooting as well. Especially on 9 consecutive shots [8D].

At the shop, I probably sell WB's 4 to 1 over any other rest. I'll recommend both, just by judging the customer. I see more customers this past year wanting to go to drop aways.
How many of those customers do you tell that the WB isn't as accurate though, Matt?

Not trying to be a pain or anything, I'm just curious. You seemed pretty adament about it last night here, are you the same way at the shop?
When a customer asks my opinion. I tell them I prefer a drop away, and thats what I shoot. Most of the time they'll ask about a WB, and I'll say it's a great hunting rest. That way, I don't talk them down. If its the type of person who drags their bow out 1 week before season, and then puts it back after season, I'll tell them a WB would be better suited. I HONESTLY have never told anyone that has come into the shop that WB's aren't accurate. I've never been asked that question. I will say that they CAN damage vanes.

That's a fact though, I know I'll have people say that this isn't true if it's set up properly. Some will damage vanes and some won't. I don't know why it does it to only a certain few. When I was shooting a WB, I never had vane trouble, but I've had it happen to people who's bows I've set up. Even ones that tear perfect bullet holes.
Understood, Matt. I was only wondering because when asked last night, you skirted the question as to WHY you thought it was less accurate. No malice intended in my posts, I was just curious.

They do damage vanes. I had one rip off during this experiment. Partly my fault as I didn't put a dab of glue on the end of each vane.

They are noisy. My FMJ made an audible scraping noise as I drew it back.

Those weren't the issues in question. The issue was whether or not the WB was accurate past 20 yards, and my observations are that it is.