Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is the leader in bow technology right now? >

Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

ORIGINAL: pdq 5oh

ORIGINAL: TFOX

What are they doing so ground shaking? HCA is shooting light arrows at high poundage to get some extra speed. That's so early 90s.
Atleast they can do it now without blowing up left and right.
Just left.
OK,I'll concede that.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:34 PM

Where do you get the impression the center pivot riser has "lost steam"?
From seeing them only put out one new bow with that design that is basically nothing more then a retooled Guardian.........combine that with my dealler telling me that all Bowtech wanted to talk to him about this year was the Airbornes and how they felt THEY were the bows that people would come looking for.

If you knew the numbers of bows BowTech are selling..............you'd turn off your computer.
Why??........I wish them all the success in the world.......I shoot a Bowtech and check out the new lines every year in hopes they will have something worth upgrading to.

Learn more of the history herebefore typing. As they say..........'nuf said.
This is the garbage that gets old REALLY fast..........all the Bowtech honks getting their panties in a wad when someone dares to even speak of them in anything less then drooling praise. Gimme a break Phil.

What are they doing so ground shaking? HCA is shooting light arrows at high poundage to get some extra speed. That's so early 90s.
And roller cable guards is not??
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM

Forgot to mention the Limbsaver bow............making a bow as silent and vibe free while still keeping respectable speeds.

Can't see how that would be bad for a hunter.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Site Bouncer

Itseems like (from the way this discussion is going) thequestion youshould haveasked (if you don't mind me saying) is "Who is the leader in bow innovation right now?"

As far as technology is concerned I think most of the bigger bow companies have it down pretty good. I suspect that's why you haven't gotten rid of your 03? I'm prettysure it's technologyis right on par with what is being offered today.

Now, that being said, I think innovation will eventually lead to better technology as it only makes sense to implement new tech. with new designs.

Who is the leader this year....hard to say, I think all have pretty much taken the year off as far as I could tell. I think if you look at Bear you will notice some pretty big changes and innovations with their limb design and suppression as well as their cam adjustments. Nothing earth shattering or "cutting edge" but I'd put them up there with the rest. Ross has a great riser design that, like Mathews, centers the string through the riser. Having owned both (sold the Ross, kept the Mathews) I'd say the Ross design was better. They offset the actual riser itself where my Switchback has the limb pockets offset. Both work just fine though.

By far the biggest change or "innovation" was with the radical riser design Bow Tech offered last year, but.....that was last year. This year the improvements are more subtle, much like everybody else.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Itseems like (from the way this discussion is going) thequestion youshould haveasked (if you don't mind me saying) is "Who is the leader in bow innovation right now?"
Yea........that is what I meant, but I guess the wording wasn't chosen very well.

I do like how BEAR put the double string catchers on their bows this year. My old BEAR with the SHOCK STOP system on it was great but it kept breaking, I always knew if someone could solve that problem it would be a big help in sound reduction..........STS turned out to be that someone.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Where do you get the impression the center pivot riser has "lost steam"?
From seeing them only put out one new bow with that design that is basically nothing more then a retooled Guardian.........combine that with my dealler telling me that all Bowtech wanted to talk to him about this year was the Airbornes and how they felt THEY were the bows that people would come looking for.

Learn more of the history herebefore typing. As they say..........'nuf said.
This is the garbage that gets old REALLY fast..........all the Bowtech honks getting their panties in a wad when someone dares to even speak of them in anything less then drooling praise. Gimme a break Phil.
1st point: If that's your stance, isn't every bow just "retooled"? Riser, limbs, cams and strings.

2nd point: What's the point. You don't know enough. Accept that.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TerryM

This question is a no brainer. To say Bowtech is not innvative is like saying you have been sleeping for 4 years. What about 3 generations of Binary cams ? Pivoting risers? Bowtech "is " the state of the art in bows right now.

I meant right now...........2008........what exactly about the 2008 line makes you think they are the leader in technology?
BowTech have been innovative for more than one year. Bringing something to marketonce that gets some attention is admireable. Getting that attention year after year is leading.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 AM

1st point: If that's your stance, isn't every bow just "retooled"? Riser, limbs, cams and strings.
The second part makes the point clearer.........the above was just the first hint it was coming.

2nd point: What's the point. You don't know enough. Accept that.

The point is...........listening to shills tow the company line gets old.

Got that spcialty camo Airborne ready yet??

Didn't think so
Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: TerryM

This question is a no brainer. To say Bowtech is not innvative is like saying you have been sleeping for 4 years. What about 3 generations of Binary cams ? Pivoting risers? Bowtech "is " the state of the art in bows right now.

I meant right now...........2008........what exactly about the 2008 line makes you think they are the leader in technology?
BowTech have been innovative for more than one year. Bringing something to marketonce that gets some attention is admireable. Getting that attention year after year is leading.

What got your attention this year?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forgot to mention the Limbsaver bow............making a bow as silent and vibe free while still keeping respectable speeds.

Can't see how that would be bad for a hunter.
looks good on paper for leading in technology, THIS YEAR. I can't wait to shoot one.

Quick Reply: Who is the leader in bow technology right now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.