Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The finest eatin' critter is? >

The finest eatin' critter is?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Moose
9.68%
Elk
30.65%
Caribou
2.42%
Bear
3.23%
Vension
30.65%
Wild Pig
7.26%
Antelope
0%
Turkey
7.26%
Small game (Coon, squirrel, pheasant grouse, rabbit)
8.06%
Bret favre's gym shorts (Joh Madden reside here?)
0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

The finest eatin' critter is?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 AM

Default RE: The finest eatin' critter is?

Best of all was not in the poll - Dall sheep.

Deer, moose then Caribou round out my top 4.

The cook is what makes the most difference.

Gerry
Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson
I am surprized by the "rutting bull elk is good only for sausage". I've never had that experience at all.
I can say this, the young 4 X 4 Bull ElkI killed was the best Table Fare I have ever eaten, but the 6 X 6 Bull Elk I killed that was aged at 10.5 years old was just down right nasty. Burger was OK but the roasts or steaks were..........[:'(]

Dan
Old 01-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been blessed to have eaten everything on the list except coon and Favre"s shorts so my humble opinion is cowMoose by a very slim margin over cow Elk>
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

I have been blessed to have eaten everything on the list except coon and Favre"s shorts
Thank Goodness!! If you had eaten some of Favres shorts I would really be concerned about you

Although some guys obsession over celebs (hunting, sports, & otherwise) Crack me up![8D]

Dan
Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

1.Caribou
2.Moose
3.Elk
4.Farm Land Whitetails
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

1.) Chicken
2.) Chicken
3.) Chicken

Eating dead wild animals is fun, but it just doesn't compare to a steaming pile of chickens.

If chickens are Jewish, I'm theAdolf Hitler of poultry. You figure, a dozen full wings...that's six little chickens every wingnight-a mini holocaust every weekend. 6 x 52 = 312 of Perdue's finest feathered friends, right down the hatch annually. Genocide. Delicious Genocide. And that's just wings. I put chicken on pizza. Chicken in chili. Chicken on the grill. Chicken in soup. Chicken baked. Chicken braised. Chicken broiled. Chicken breaded.

It's the ultimate foodsource. You can make it fat. You can make it healthy. Chicken can be formal. Chicken can party if it needs to.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

1 Deer
2 Elk
3 Pig
4 Caribou
5 Moose
6 Bear
7 Turkey

They are all very good, if prepared right!

I've never had Antelope, so I don't know! I have had Alligator though, and it is very tasty!!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 AM

I have had lots of whitetail, many squirrels, dove, wild turkey, duck, a small sample of 'dilla (tastes like chicken), B-B-Q goat (very good). But the BEST I have eaten was a dam building Beaver!!!!!! Put chunks of beaver in crockpot with onions and potatoes, little salt and pepper..WOW!!!!!! Beats beef hands down!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

If chickens are Jewish, I'm theAdolf Hitler of poultry.

Hahahahaha.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

1.) Chicken
2.) Chicken
3.) Chicken

Eating dead wild animals is fun, but it just doesn't compare to a steaming pile of chickens.

If chickens are Jewish, I'm theAdolf Hitler of poultry. You figure, a dozen full wings...that's six little chickens every wingnight-a mini holocaust every weekend. 6 x 52 = 312 of Perdue's finest feathered friends, right down the hatch annually. Genocide. Delicious Genocide. And that's just wings. I put chicken on pizza. Chicken in chili. Chicken on the grill. Chicken in soup. Chicken baked. Chicken braised. Chicken broiled. Chicken breaded.

It's the ultimate foodsource. You can make it fat. You can make it healthy. Chicken can be formal. Chicken can party if it needs to.

Well if you get right down to it don't everything taste like Chicken??

big rockpile

Quick Reply: The finest eatin' critter is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.