Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It was a good day!! >

It was a good day!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It was a good day!!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default It was a good day!!

Yesterday was the last time to hunt for season and what a great day! Took the day off and took a friend(Tony)out to the farm to try and get one more for the freezer. I had 2 doe come in down wind and bust me 2 more that never came off the ridge into range.Tony didn't see anything.

We went for food at 11am and driving by the neighbor property there were deer everywhere!! 1 was a HUGE 10pt spread was at least 22" we drove up within 30yds of him before he took off with 2 smaller bucks.

When we got back to the farm the wind was blowing 20-25mph I decided to do some stalking and Tony setup behind the barn where the ground is covered with acorns. Within an hour he had 12 doe 80yds out but never came close. About 3pm I had 2 doe at about 30yds, I drew but only had a small opening through the trees and didn't want to chance hitting a small twig and wound one so I let down. 3:30 I'm walking up an old logging road and see a bedded doe 40yds away facing away from me. I had a perfect wind so I started the stalk, as wind gusted I would take another step. I decided to see how close I could get before she heard me. Finally at 15yds away I saw her ears twitch, I came to full draw as see started to look around. When she noticed me I released the arrow, unfortunately it was a spine shot and required a second arrow to finish. She was only a yearling but it was meat for the freezer and one less doe for the herd.

I look forward to next year!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: It was a good day!!

Awesome story! I wish I could have taken the day off to go with you! I have yet to hunt with a buddy.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It was a good day!!

Congrats on the doe.