Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What size peep? What design? >

What size peep? What design?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What size peep? What design?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What size peep? What design?

Im thinking about getting a G5 peep, but i used to have a tubless peep and everytime i drew back it was sideways, i couldnt stand it any more!! What can be done to prevent that so i can loose the tube?

And what size peep would be good for both 3d and hunting? I dont have perfect vision either but its not bad. there not corrected in anyway.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Default RE: What size peep? What design?

I have a meta peep, and the 3/16" is a good mix...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had a shurz a peep that split my string into 3 strands...hated it. never had a good site picture..ever.

this year i went to a tru peep that split the string into 2 like the g5...love it...the way to fix it is to put a loop on and keep your loop positioned the same as your peep. the shop was actually able to get mine real close to being right on when putting on the string...hook up to the loop and it rotates the string and peep to the correct position...definently like the string split in 2...never used a tubed peep...buddy does and i swear that thing makes noise. his bow is loud to begin with...but im almost posative i can hear that peep...the fear of that thing snapping and busting me in the eye is enough reason for me never to try one!

oh...not sure what size i shoot...told the guy at the shop to go the same size as my shurz a peep...its just a hair bigger than my sight housing so i can center the housing in the peep...thats how i shoot..dont know any other way to do it...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any peep can be either made to come around pefect or trained to come around perfect. One way is with a string loop, the other is to manipulate strands on your string to make the peep come around every draw. If you have a quality local shop, they could help you with this.

If you can tie your own loop or have a press you can either add the loop or manipulate your stands to make the peep come around.

To do this you move a couple strands around the peep and then move the same amount on the other side moving them the same direction. To the opposite side.

That being said, I have a Super Peep on my Ally and a G5 on my General and Marquis. Most likely I may try on one on my Airbornes as well however I'm not a fan of the shine inside the G5 but I haven't shot much anywhere but my basement. I didn't see the issue outside. I'm going to be shooting some other indoor events and I'll let you know.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 string peep, big diameter.. string loop makes it easy to adjust when needed..
Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Ditto that.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM

I shoot one called 'radical peep' from radical archery bought at sportsmans wearehouse that has a micro tube insted of the regular size. I like to know for sure that the peep is lined up every time, I have tried others but alwaysgo back to the tube style. I buy the smallest size then drill them out to any size I want.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Ditto that.
3/16th for hunting, 1/8th for target. I use Tru-peeps or a Super Peep.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Ditto that.
3/16th for hunting, 1/8th for target. I use Tru-peeps or a Super Peep.
Yes, unless a guy doesn't want to buy two peeps......3/16, good mix. Good compromise.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

What if i invent a peep that you can insert different sizes?

©2008 buckmaster inc.

Quick Reply: What size peep? What design?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.