Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Time for a new bow. Any suggestions? >

Time for a new bow. Any suggestions?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time for a new bow. Any suggestions?

Old 01-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time for a new bow. Any suggestions?

Basspro carry the Diamond Black Ice I think. Try that on for size also.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Site Bouncer

In all seriousness, go out and shoot as many as you can. Take a good look at the Browning bows, they are great bows at a great price! I almost purchased a Vapor, it was a sweet shooter and came in my draw length.

I've said this many times here, you can't go wrong with any of the well known bow manufacturers out there, just find the one you like and shoot well and "have at it".

I have a Mathews, Fred Bear anda Browning and I wouldn't hesitate to takeany one of themwith me hunting.

Good luck and be sure to post a picture of your new bow!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

In all seriousness, go out and shoot as many as you can. Take a good look at the Browning bows, they are great bows at a great price! I almost purchased a Vapor, it was a sweet shooter and came in my draw length.

I've said this many times here, you can't go wrong with any of the well known bow manufacturers out there, just find the one you like and shoot well and "have at it".

I have a Mathews, Fred Bear anda Browning and I wouldn't hesitate to takeany one of themwith me hunting.

Wow, you did get serious!

Also, take a look at ross, that may be my next bow.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Wow, you did get serious!

Also, take a look at ross, that may be my next bow.
Yep, I owned a Ross too, they are great bows and very well made. I think their attention to detail is second to none. At least that's how my CR334 looked to be made.

Pssst......Hey Captainkidd....over here, get a Mathews you won't be sorry.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you go to BP be sure and shoot the Marquis as well as the Black Ice. 2 of the best single cam bows on the market, Bar None!!

Dan
Old 01-16-2008, 07:12 AM

Thanks a million for all of the advice so far! There is a Matthews dealer about 60 miles from here that has a lefty Drenaline available but it is like $780 or something. It better damn near shoot itself. I'll still take a look at it Friday.

I shot the black ice and the Parker, uh, pioneer maybe? or was it a frontier maybe. Don't remember. Anyway, I haven't yet shot the Fred Bear, Truth but I may try it. So far I actually like the RedHead XSC-33 and the RedHead Kryptic better than the others. Both super smooth and pretty fast. I think the Kryptic is built by Diamond and the XSC-33 by Parker? Not 100% sure though.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you need to get out and shoot all the different bows on the market and see what you like. Then narrow your search down and pick from them. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will find that BP has a better selection than most pro shops, but once you narrow down the search, you will probably want to find a pro shop that deals in those bows. You will generally get better attention and service at a pro shop. Also, although our BP has a great archery shop, you will not always get an "archery person" in the archery shop.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:39 AM

I just purchased my first new bow ever it is the New HighCountry Iron Mace. This is a very fast and smooth shooting bow I shot the Mathews and a bowtech before i bought this one both of them were nice but just not as nice as this one to me good luck i can give you details if you want from the shop i bought it from.