Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More Knowledgable? >

More Knowledgable?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More Knowledgable?

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Bartender

Default More Knowledgable?

Would you say you have more knowledge when it comes to your equipment or the animal you are after?
The same?

For me I would say the animal. I pretty much let my local pro shop set me up then I go out and practice
and get tight groups and good to go. For example: If something happened like my D loop coming off I would probably be screwed. I have promised myself to work on getting to know the equipment side of things more.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: More Knowledgable?

I know almost nothing about bows and how they're set up.

I know deer have to eat, sleep and make little deer.....and that I have to to catch them on their way to doing one of those to be successful. That's about as simple as it gets in my book.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

Both.

Maybe a slight edge to knowing bows better since there is still so much to learn about deer.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 AM

It depends on the animal, but the cut and dry answer would be my equipment.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

5 years ago I would have said the animal, without question.

Today I have to go with the edge on the equipment. 1. because I've learned so much about gear from this place, and 2. I keep learning I have a lot more to learn about deer.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 AM

rybo post just about sums it up for me, I am no expert bow wizard but I have a member on this forum to thank for the knowledge that I do (Big John) and its enough to get my bow tuned by myself to the point I want it, the deer on the other hand, every few years everything seems to change, its not so much the deer as the enviroment. Several years ago a narrow funnel behind my house was the "gimmie" spot and had constant use, now its rare to see a deer there. This past season my "gimmie" spot was gone due to timbering and a new county jail being built adjoining the property. As soon as I get a good pattern on the deer something changes.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm working on the equipment..I got a lot to learn

I can cut and fletch my own arrows. I 'm good at setting up bow accessories. (muzzy 0 effect for example) not just screwing in a stabilizer .

But the bow itself, new string cables ..stuff requiring a press..goes to the shop. Which isn't a huge deal I live under 1 mile to the shop!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

If my hunting knowledge was a pitcher of beer, what I know about deer would fill a mug. The rest would be equipment.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:13 AM

My equipment, no question. I have so much to learn about deer, I don't think I have enough time.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think i know more about the deer

Quick Reply: More Knowledgable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.