Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 That's it Buckeye..ya got me again! >

That's it Buckeye..ya got me again!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

That's it Buckeye..ya got me again!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default That's it Buckeye..ya got me again!

Ever have one of them guys that everytime ya talk to him it costs ya money??

She'll be here later this week. Only diff is I got the 6 pin.

So clear your calender....we're going shootin!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: That's it Buckeye..ya got me again!

That's a good lookin sight. What's the name?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

very nice looking sight Dagon buckeyes [:@][8D]
ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Ever have one of them guys that everytime ya talk to him it costs ya money??

She'll be here later this week. Only diff is I got the 6 pin.

So clear your calender....we're going shootin!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats the Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Competition sight..
Old 01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

She's a sweetheart! You'll enjoy it for sure [8D]
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great sight! I love mine. Only thing is I didn't have the foresight to realize there would be a mounting issue with it and my newly purchased Apline Soft-Loc. I made it work, though.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

Great sight! I love mine. Only thing is I didn't have the foresight to realize there would be a mounting issue with it and my newly purchased Apline Soft-Loc. I made it work, though.
Do Tell the problem and the solution as I have a 3 arrow sof lok...my "advisor" said I'd have no issues []
Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was a combination of the mounting locations for the CJ, the quiver and the threaded mounts on my riser. The two seperated (upper and lower) arrow shaft holders on the softlok were interfering with the slide adjustment knob on the CJ. I ended up moving being able to use the two lower mounting holes on my Soft-Lok lined up with the CJ, and then took a simple round head screw, filed one edge flat and went in from the back edge of the riser through one of the mounting holes in the softlok and through the back of a mounting hole in the CJ. It's complicated sounding, but it's not. I will try to get pictures when I go home tonight. The 3 arrow might be differen, however, as I have the 5 arrow.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was a combination of the mounting locations for the CJ, the quiver and the threaded mounts on my riser. The two seperated (upper and lower) arrow shaft holders on the softlok were interfering with the slide adjustment knob on the CJ.
Why not use the other dovetail bolt? The one without the knob?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, here was my issue. The problem I was having was I could really only get two of the four main mounting holes on the dovetail slide bracket to line up with the holes on my riser. The hard rubber "catch" on the bracket portion of the Soft-lok was interfering with the knob (or I guess the knob was interfering with the quiver). I couldn't get the CJ knob to sit in between the "catches" on the quiver, so I had to move the quiver down and utilize just the top two holes, as you can see in the picture here:

The hole on the mounting bracket closest to you in this picture above was not aligning with the hole on the CJ mount (probably because I slid the quiver down, so I ran a bolt through the back flush with the edge of the riser, which ran through the CJ bracket and random hole on the quiver mount. I just attached a small square nut on the end and tightened it up. Quiver is holding strong, no vibration. The quiver does sit at a slant and looks like this / but not as drastic, when looking down the string.

Here you can see the small bolt running through the back end sight and through the quiver mount. I had to file the edge ot the bolt head down facing the riser to get it to slide through the hole.

Buckeye, I bought this sight used, there was no other bolt. I was unaware there was one (show's you how much I know), and this may have solved my problem early on. Any pictures of this?

Quick Reply: That's it Buckeye..ya got me again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.