Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Almost as excited... >

Almost as excited...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost as excited...

Old 01-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Almost as excited...

I love my trail cam, i feel like a kid in a candy store when i go to check it, the suspense, the wonder, the excitement when you pull the card, not knowing if those 133pics in 2 daysare all does or maybe the buck you are after showin his face.

I get so excited about checking my camera and seeing pics of bucks as i do actually hunting, Now maybe this wouldnt be so if i consistently seen these bucks with my own two eyes, but i just get all tore up about having nice bucks on cam, just knowing they're there, somewhere....

Do any of you guys get "THIS" excited about pulling the card and checking your cameras?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Almost as excited...

I look forward to it every 2 weeks, that's when it gets checked. I get excited too.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get way to excited! What I mean by that is I think I checked mine to much this fall when hunting. The big buck pics slowed on the camera from what I was getting earlier! I started off checking them once every 2 weeks and then my excitement took over and I started checking them once or even twice in a week and the big buck pics went way down. Next year it will be back to once every 2 weeks or so.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 Years ago when I was having GREAT bucks popping up on camera I was so pumped to go check it. This past year, the farmer boardering my propery didn't plant anything, so my place lost alot of attraction.

Here's my best. I only have one decent one on camera for this year.

Alive. I saw him once this year. About 3 weeks ago, out on the hillside.

The rest of these were 2 yrs ago and I didn't even get to hunt the first two weeks of season when I got these pictures [:@].

Dead

This guy is as far as I know still alive somewhere. He's definately a BRUTE for my area. I saw him at the end of last year, and at the beginning of this year but not since.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/cougars_2009/?action=view&current=Picture256.flv

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/cougars_2009/?action=view&current=Picture255.flv
Old 01-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

That guys has some serious Brow tines going on! Should be a bruiser next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Aaron....

I feel the same way you do. I had my moultrie and a cuddy during the '06 season. I liked them SO much....I checked them too often.

So.....I sold the cuddy.....and vowed to only keep the moultrie out in the summer....for "inventory" purposes. My thinking is......so what if I see a buck, now? I can't hunt him, now....and there's no guarantee he'll be here next fall. If he's made it through the winter.....and I see him in the summer....and he's still in this area......there's a MUCH greater chance I'm gonna be able to hunt him.

Otherwise....I'd just be gettin my hopes up.

Many ways to skin a cat......that's mine.