Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what keeps you going? >

what keeps you going?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what keeps you going?

Old 01-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what keeps you going?

what keeps you guys going day in and day out? even if your not doing any good?
Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: what keeps you going?

How else do you expect to get anything if you just quit?

Success comes to those who endure. Did your momma raise a quitter??[:-]
Old 01-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh no theres no way that im quitting deer hunting. im going as long as i can. i did quit duck hunting though. now i only go duck hunting once or twice a year when i take a couple friends. i just want to see what fuels everyones fire.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love being in the outdoors so much that quitting never enters my mind! I'm bummed when the season ends even though I'm pretty fried! Hell it was below zero during our late season and I was hunting in Temps 3 - 7 below zero! Killed a doe! Quitting is for quitters!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer-hunting keeps me going! Everything about it.

I like walking into the woods in the morning, I like watching the critters, I like sleeping in my stand.

Success is probably the biggest thing that keeps me going. That and rubbin it in my buddies' faces that I stayed out for 4 or 5 hours in single-digit-temps because I'm a REAL man and not a sissy who's afraid of getting cold like them.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

What keeps me going is the knowing the time I am not out there might be the time I may have missed a great opportunity. Odds are better than winning the lottery.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Just getting into the woods knowing you have the chance to get a deer is what keeps me going. Seeing all the animals, wondering how close some of them will come to you before they see you. Thats one reason why I hunt from the ground. Seeing a deer walk within 10 feet is what keeps me going!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

The challenge!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

if your not doing any good, and your finding it hard to get outta bed or easier to sit on the couch than go hunting, you gotta make hunting interesting. start watching the squirrels and birds...enjoy the landscape and other various critters. dont let that sun rise or set and you not even noticing...take a camera and take pics of the landscape, the critters, whatever...take binocs and scan...take a nap...make yourself comfortable, dress comfortably, and take food and drinks for long hunts and make it enjoyable. i do all of the above and dont have a problem with anything "keeping me going"

i got "burned out" turkey hunting one year...why? i wasnt enjoying everything there was to be enjoyed...i was simply out there hunting a particular turkey i had my sights set on and was out there to kill that bird. wasnt until the last day i realize how much i learned that season and how many awesome sights and sounds i got to enjoy that season...wasnt hard to get outta bed to go hunt that bird dang near daily, but i definently was ready for it to end, one way or another and was frustrated and not enjoying it...i found out why i wasnt...

good luck....keep your hat up....only takes a second to change your season....dont forget it.

i just think about the millions of people out there that are going to be SLEEPING while that awesome sun rises and the woods awaken that morning...i love when the woods wake up...
Old 01-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like others have said, because I love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.