Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what keeps you going? >

what keeps you going?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what keeps you going?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what keeps you going?

There is one thing that really keeps me goin. I like the time in the woods to relaze and get away from all the world around me and everyday life. The other thing that keeps me going is I have a trail cam near my stand and i know after checking it there is a monster deer near my stand . This is what keeps me going.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:53 AM

I love the whole process of deer hunting. scouting, shooting, taking an animal, and mostly, the tranquility of the woods. It all helps, and obviously, being successful every once and while. Deer hunting is so different from anything else.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 AM

Not knowing if this will be the hunt the produces a greatbuck.......that wasmy driving force for many years, now I simply look forward to the serenity that the stand offers. Once in the stand I leave the world of work and worries behind I am truely relaxed and enjoying myself.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

knowing that the buck of a lifetime could walk by at any moment
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The chess game, If your not doing any good change spots, change tatics, change states if you have have to. I just love going head to head with bigbucks and trust me they win more than I do, but it's just knowing one might make a mistake sooner or later!! Walt
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 AM

I love the challenge!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Last year I got caught out in the open by a doe and her sister, I was wearing a leaf cut ghillie so they couldn't figure out what I was and all I could do was freeze. They took turns stamping their pretty little hoofs and snorting at me for about 15 minutes, then calmly walked away. I didn't get a shot at either one, or any other deer that season.

During the last week of this year's general firearms season I was sitting on a folding chair wearing my new ASAT sprayed with Deer Dander one morning, and a young buck approached me from behind and got close enough to sniff my camoed ass before bolting. I didn't get him or any other deer this year.

These are the moments that keep me going when I'm not doing well.