Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Late season Rage... w/pics (Updated pg4) >

Late season Rage... w/pics (Updated pg4)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Late season Rage... w/pics (Updated pg4)

Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Late season Rage... w/pics

congrats. that's a cool pic, we don't get too many opportunities to take a pic with snow in the background around here!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: thwapster

Know the feeling, windy and cold won't stop a true bowhunter!
Check out this Rage pic...the lung came out the side of my 120# doe last nite!
Holy smokes that pic is crazy!!!!!! Talk about a dead deer!!!!!! How far did the deer run???? Got any more pictures of that hole??
Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Late season Rage...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That stubby snout is because it's a "this year's" ('07 born) deer. But I have to say.....it's a danged big one (they grow fast, huh?).

Great job on the late season bowkill. I'd love to hunt in the snow, sometime.

Good luck this weekend.
Thanks Jeff, yes this was this years Doe, good eating and a perfect deer for my first butchering job! I tell ya Hunting with snow on the ground is an entirely different hunting experience, you would love it, especially when its brutally cold out, the deer HAVE to move to the food! I have wanted to shoot a deer with the Rage head ever since seeing your pics of the deer you killed with them, awesome broadhead!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I processed this Doe yesterday! It was much easier than I thought it would be, I should of tried this years ago. I will be doing my own processing from now on unless something unexpected comes up! My buddy showed me the ropes and I'll be buying a grinder, a vacuum sealer and a good boning knife this off season! Looking forward to my next deer kill!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics of the Rage Hole:

Look at the busted rib in the middle of the hole!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Well I processed this Doe yesterday! It was much easier than I thought it would be, I should of tried this years ago. I will be doing my own processing from now on unless something unexpected comes up! My buddy showed me the ropes and I'll be buying a grinder, a vacuum sealer and a good boning knife this off season! Looking forward to my next deer kill!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pics of the Rage Hole:

Look at the busted rib in the middle of the hole!

WOWZA!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 AM

What a hole!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 PM

That is one hell of a hole. I definally know what kind of broadheads im buying next year. Thanks for the pics man.....

[/align]
Old 01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

DANG!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:44 AM

Hey thanks to everyone that has posted pics and stories of these rage broadheads. I am always a lil leary with something new at first but I cant wait to try these babies out for myself!

Joe I have a lil processing tip for you. Since it its really nice and cold if you have a place to hang your deer once the hide is off, i sugest hanging it up over night to let it cool completely out. This makes cutting the meat up much easier( it wont be as sticky/clingy) to the knife. Also, a very sharp knife is a MUST! The Hind quarters make excelent steaks and Roasts, especially with the nice young doe you showed in the picture. Once again happy hunting and please let us know how your butchering experience turns out. I have always butchered my own, you just know what your are getting that way.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kthiltgen

Hey thanks to everyone that has posted pics and stories of these rage broadheads. I am always a lil leary with something new at first but I cant wait to try these babies out for myself!

Joe I have a lil processing tip for you. Since it its really nice and cold if you have a place to hang your deer once the hide is off, i sugest hanging it up over night to let it cool completely out. This makes cutting the meat up much easier( it wont be as sticky/clingy) to the knife. Also, a very sharp knife is a MUST! The Hind quarters make excelent steaks and Roasts, especially with the nice young doe you showed in the picture. Once again happy hunting and please let us know how your butchering experience turns out. I have always butchered my own, you just know what your are getting that way.

No problem, your welcome! I let her hang for about 4 days. The butchering job was enjoyable, looking forward to my next one! Thanks for the tips!

Quick Reply: Late season Rage... w/pics (Updated pg4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.