Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Confused Newbie! >

Confused Newbie!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Confused Newbie!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Default Confused Newbie!

I need help! [:@]

I am going to get back into bowhunting. I have been out of it for like 10 years. I have been looking at every brand of bow on the internet and at shops. I shot a few but not all. I like the feel of the Matthews DXT but haven't really felt the Bowtech's and Hoyt's. I am willing to spend up to $800 for bare bow which leaves it open for about everything.

Which bow brand/model tends to be the quietest of the 3 brands?
Any suggestions that might help me decide?

All I know is that I want the smoothest and quietest bow. I will need a 29" draw/70 lbs. perferred.

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Confused Newbie, Matthew, Bowtech or Hoyt

Most everyone on here is going to tell you to shoot them yourself and decide on your on, but just for some tips i think the Bowtech Generel is th new hot bow for your criteria, a completley silent shot, and you feel nothing whe you let the string go, just what ive herd though. BTW welcome
Old 01-02-2008, 08:23 PM

I realize that in the end it comes down to personal preferrence but I am just looking for people's 2 cents. You have already helped me out

Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

The general is definatly the most shock free and quietest bows I have ever shot, you feel nothing at the shot, and I do mean nothing. Also buck_master is right in saying that you need to get out there and shoot as many different models as possible and find the one that feels good to you. You will know when you find the right one, it will just fall into place perfectly. The most important thing is shoot what feels best for you, not what somebody "thinks" is the best bow made. All of the top brands will outshoot any of our abilities. Just get out there and find the one for YOU.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

all three make great bows...... Its up to what feels best for you... I shoot a Mathew Drenalin.... Felt the best for me, and I shot the best with it at the shops I bought it from.....

good luck on any of the three you pick, all three are great
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM

Anyone shot the new Matthews DXT, S2 and Drenaline? Same price at local shop.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

well im going to say Hoyt its never proved me wrong, but like the other guys are saying go out and try each bow the minimum your going to spend on a bow is 800 unless you go with PSE or another off brand bow !!! but pick the one that fits you the best !!!

good luck
Old 01-02-2008, 10:30 PM

I have laid down my two cents . . . And I would go with Hoyt. Have owned two different Matthews, and have shot a bow tech and would not give up my Trykon for anything. My opinion is that Matthews is like the Red and Black Nike Jordans from the 80's. It is the name brand with the big names marketing them, but the others will get the job done as well if not better, for a lower price.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:49 AM

Good to hear from a Hoyt user. Thanks. Is the Hoyt pretty quiet? I found a Hoyt dealer and plan on checking them out this weekend.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Mathewsinc.com...and for Bowtech shooters archerytalk.com
I like Mathews not because they are the best, but because I shoot mine well and I can do all my tuning myself..All three are the top bows, IMO

Quick Reply: Confused Newbie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.