Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Moxy Scent Elimination System >

Moxy Scent Elimination System

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moxy Scent Elimination System

Old 01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moxy Scent Elimination System

Has anybody heard of this yet? I just read the article in Peterson's Hunting Magazine. Sounded interesting,,... if it works as good as claimed.

Also found this on another site, since the company didn't have their website up yet.

MOXY
I'm not going to pretend to be a molecular scientist in explaining the science behind the Moxy Scent Elimination System. All I can say is that it's pretty dang cool.

According to H.S. "Rock" Gibboney the Moxy Scent Elimination System is an"ionized super-oxidant" that eliminates all existing odors plus totally eradicates all odor-causing mechanisms.

After hearing Gibboney's speil, I'm a believer in the new scent elimination system and would venture to guess that the technology behind this will prompt most outdoor enthusiasts to have one of these units in their home or at deer camp. Perhaps both.

The patented Moxy system takes oxygen from the air and generates highly unstable, supercharged, O3, O4, and O5 molecule bundles, attaching them in multiple clusters to a specialized, super-oxidized metal ion, which enables Gibboney to program the newly-formed, predatory Moxy Molecules for:

1) Energy density 2) Life expectancy (time duration) 3) Direction at specific targets (bacteria etc.)

Simply put, the Moxy Molecule attacks the bacteria, mold, fungicides, viruses etc. that cause things to stink and eliminates them.

To demonstrate this, Gibboney took a sweaty t-shirt from a zip lock back that he had exercised in the night before. He placed the bag in a black plastic garment bag and attached his Moxy unit to the bag and began pumping the Moxy rich oxygen into the bag. A scant twenty minutes later, the shirt was completely odor free. Now imagine a sweaty, messy pile of camo that you've worn for three days straight in deer camp and you get the idea of how great this product could be.

In another example, he had a volunteer rub onion on his hand and then hold his hand over the Moxy oxygen that was being pumped out by a Moxy Generator. After 30 seconds or so, the onion smell was completely gone.

The Moxy Molecule isn't ozone (O3) and isn't harmful to humans or "anything with lungs" according to company literature.

The unit will retail for $299.99 and will be available in 2008.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moxy Scent Elimination System

I saw the article but have not read it yet.$300 is not inexpensive but if it is durable it may outlast the effectiveness of the carbon impregnated clothing.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

I think if you read the post and link in the technical or gear review section about the scent-lok lawsuit, you'd be suprised about the effectiveness of carbon impregnated clothing. I know I was. Since I own a ton of scent controlling clothing, I have no stake in the arguement except to save a little money in the future.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Spike

I also read about it in Outdoor Life. I went to their website and read for awhile and a couple items caught my attention. I was intrigued at first but I'm not sure it's for me yet. These are from the website

1. The strong penetration properties of MOXY™ are due to natural, ionic attractions and the velocity of MOXY™ Moleculesas they exit the MOXY™ Generator. Due to the charged metal ion component, MOXY™ remains active while seeking its natural neutrality of O2 and is programmable for duration up to 20 minutes. Therefore, the charged apparel actually transfers the MOXY™to the hunter’s skin and hair, cleansing it from existing odors and odor-causing bacteria as well (when worn immediately after treatment).

2. You see, MOXY™ stays active for up to 20 minutes after treatment. The MOXY™ in my freshly-treated clothing also treated my skin and under garments, which I had not changed. Once at my parking place, I had also put my head, hair and hands in the MOXY™ exhaust stream and re-treated my gloves, face netting, hat and boots. Even the smell of my aftershave was removed. I then realized that through TheMOXY Scent Elimination System™, it was finallyAdvantage Me!!!

I guess in my opinion I was really interested until I read that it only stays active for 20 minutes after treatment. I guess it might be a good deal to remove the scent and then spray down with something like "Dead Down Wind" but since I'm already washing my regular hunting gear in scent free detergent I think I would be getting about the same result. If someone understands how the system works and I'm just not getting it let me know. I plan to keep my eye on the product in future years but I don't think I'm going to go out and buy it yet.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 PM

I don't believe Fred Bear ever had any issues getting close to deer with his recurve, jeans, and flannel shirt. The reality of the majority of the new hunting clothing and hunting supplies is that it is to "get" the hunter, not what your hunting.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

True, but most of us don't have the very selective opportunaties that Fred Bear had either. I'm sure that he could hunt just about anywhere (just using his name) and at any time of the year. Hunting was his life...what he did as a job...or rather as a result of his job. Fred Bear couldafford to wait for the perfect day/conditions/wind, etc., but most of us probably can't do that. We have to hunt when we can and where we are able.
I'm a big believer in "hunt the wind", but I'll also admit that if none of the properties that I hunt have a perfect wind for that day I'll do my best to eliminate as much of my scent as possible and then take my chances rather than miss a hunting opportunity.

ORIGINAL: BigGamerz

I don't believe Fred Bear ever had any issues getting close to deer with his recurve, jeans, and flannel shirt. The reality of the majority of the new hunting clothing and hunting supplies is that it is to "get" the hunter, not what your hunting.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will wait for the Atlas Review
Old 01-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Bartender

Same here
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you put scentlok in there..it may create an attractant ..... ??
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Bartender

LOL Bob
We keep this up were going to get it.

Quick Reply: Moxy Scent Elimination System

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.