Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Info on Trusten Holder, White River, and Choctaw WMA's >

Info on Trusten Holder, White River, and Choctaw WMA's

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Info on Trusten Holder, White River, and Choctaw WMA's

Old 01-01-2008, 04:36 AM

Default Info on Trusten Holder, White River, and Choctaw WMA's

First off...Happy New Years to all you die hard sportsman out there in cyberland!!!! Hope yall are having a great deer season this year!!!! I would appreciate any info I could get on bowhunting Trusten holder, white river and choctaw WMA's here in Arkansas. I'm finally healing up from my latest back surgery and can draw my Parker hunter mag from a sitting position again and am ready to get back up in the trees again!!! I've reserched alot of the wma's down south and this area looks really great. I'm not hunting horns....looking to fill the freezer with a few does. Any info on areas to go, places to camp, areas to stay away from, folks to get hold of, ect would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I have the last 5 years deer survey books and there are quite a few wma's along the border that have a great kill ratio compard to land hunted. But places like Poison Springs I think it is has about 50 campsites strung out all over the place and you have to reserve exactly the site you want to stay in. I usually hunt up here in Howard County wma but would really like to give it a shot along the border to hunt a new area. So I would really appreciate any info anyone could give me!!!! Thanks alot!!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Info on Trusten Holder, White River, and Choctaw WMA's

I have did a little looking over there but hunt in the SW part of Ar. They say the deer move a little late in white river area. Trusten holds a lot of deer down around Moores bayou.