Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Next years Plan of Attack >

Next years Plan of Attack

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Next years Plan of Attack

Old 12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Next years Plan of Attack

North is up

Ok
purple = stand locations2006
Yellow = stands locations 2007
Green = where I saw Mr. mass
Orange = Scrapes
White circles = bedding areas
Blue = Mr. Mass Bedding area

My big and I mean big mistake is not hunting south CRP field fence row. My guess is he was sneaking out and checking his scrape line right from the crp field. Next year I am going to have 4 stand around the CRP. This year I had none, big mistake. I am adding a stand to North CRP field on the East side as a well. That is right where I saw him opening morning.

My second mistake was I hunted to close to the West bedding area. The two purple stands will be move on the edge of the bedding area. I have both of these set already, I did it during gun season.

In the east wood lot I am no longer going to hunt the Middle stand in the corner.
The furthest south CRP I am going to hunt in an effort to spread myself out a but. I ordered another battery for my boat and a new motor. I have made exuces not to hunt there, but no more.

All stand will be set by Mid Feb, I also am going to clean of a few spots for my climber. I am going to use my climber and blind more. Try to change my "pattern" up a bit.

Suggestions are welcomed[8D]

Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Next years Plan of Attack

What is blue?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Site Bouncer

Looks like "Mr Mass" is/was moving between thebedding areas in the north and east. Hemust like the bean/wheat fields and the safety of the heavy timber. I'd set up most of my stands there next year(assuming your scouting shows he is still in that area nextyear)Looks like you had him pegged pretty goodthis year though.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GregH

What is blue?
Mr. Mass Beds
Old 12-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would put a stand in that North and slightly west section of your property. That is a hub of atleast 4 different possible deer runs. Big bucks will show up at that intersection.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep Motowown I am cleaning a spot up for my climber in that are, I need to hunt there more during the Rut.

You are correct it is a major hub.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'dstay on the ground and hunt him down. Smoke him out of his hole and kill his arse! 11-87 style baby! Oh, I forgot, this is a bow hunting forum...

I think I'd hang a stand in the south east woodline between the two beds. I guessing these are doe beds? Then I'd try to get there quietly and stay awake... maybe bring along the game boy and get ready for a hard day of hunting...

Just messing with you man...
Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you pretty much have the whole farm covered.It's just a matter of being where he is going to be that day.

I don't know if I could help you out with stand placement without walking the property.

One suggestion tho, let everyone know where you are going to be. So they don't scare him away when he is headed straight for ya!I know if it weren't for a couple of intrusions this year, it may have worked out for you.