Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 X FORCE VS DXT, SWITHBACK XT >

X FORCE VS DXT, SWITHBACK XT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

X FORCE VS DXT, SWITHBACK XT

Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Default X FORCE VS DXT, SWITHBACK XT

Wondering who has shot these and what are your opinions on them? Which do u like and why?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:05 PM

Default RE: X FORCE VS DXT, SWITHBACK XT

x-force is smokin cant speak for the other 2
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM

I have shot all three, here are my opinions.

DXT- Pretty smooth, i.e. Mathews. It is also fast and is a little jumpy. I recently bought a Drenalin but definately jumped back and fourth between it and the DXT. It is a little faster than the Drenalin but I was sure if it would be as forgiving due to the sligthly shorter ATA dimension.

Switchback XT- Real smooth, i.e. Mathews. It is not what you would call fast but one of the best shooters I have seen. It is a little heavier than the DXT, some feel that help is balance better. I might have to agree. I wanted one but ended up with the Drenalin basically because it was newer, a little lighter, and a little faster. I figured I could get used to it and shoot it just as well as anything else. I was offered one brand new for $675. They will also be discontinued which made me want something with a little newer technology and maybee a little better resale. I got the Dren for $850.

X Force, I did not like the harsh draw cycle and it was hard to hold at full draw, the valley is very small and wants to jump away from you. I don't see this as a good hunting bow. IMHO. However there was less shock than I thought and it was smoking fast. I shot it on the chrono but don't remember what it was but well over 300. If you draw one a few times you will see what I mean by the draw cycle. As far as hunting bows are concerned I don't think you can do much better than either Mathews due to the smooth cycle. I can draw mine and let it down slowly, I guarantee you can't do that with the x-force.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:27 PM

I went today to the PSE dealer and had my bil and a friend come along they have a sb xt and the new dxt so i shot all 3 side by side. Couldnt really feel any shock in any of them, couldnt tell anything bout the noise we were in doors in a small room so everything sounds pretty loud. Anyway i think im going to go with the sb xt just simply because i have wanted one for a little while now and if i get one of the other 2 i may regret not getting it. But who really knows by the time i actually go get one. Thanks for all your advice anymore will be appreciated also.