Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My First Doe!  :( >

My First Doe! :(

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First Doe! :(

Old 12-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My First Doe! :(

btw it was dead on the spot. Dont worry about it.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats our update? Congrats on goin back out there when you did, we was just telling you not to leave her out there,

Now with that being said congrats on your first!! get some pics on here and be proud of it.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 PM

congrads.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the doe!! The first 2 I shot I spined! Both times I climbed down as fast as I could & walked up about 6ft away and placed the second arrow through the lungs. Don't let it stop you from hunting, and just becasue you practice more doesn't mean it won't happen.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes i know but after putting in the second arrow and it had not died he left why not put a third in her to help her die quick
i can understand shooting a deer once and it runs off not died and you leave. there is no way with a bow you will et close enough to shoot again with her on the move
but if she is just sitting there why not shoot her again he got down and left why not go over and shoot her close
let me ask you this you shoot a doe in the spine she lies there shaking you shoot her again
she is not dead
do you shoot her a third time or leave.
i think he should have mad a third shot or stayed there till she died
what would you do
i am sorry if i came off jumping in on him we all make mistakes and at least her shot her a second time or at least he did not get down and play home run hitter with a log and her head
i would go for the third shot or cut the throat your just stab her in the throat or blood vein in the neck she would not last long with out a throat or air when she is bleeding
again i am sorry for jumping on him i had no proplem with the spine shot or the second shot i just thought it was a little bad to leave her when he could have shot again i am sorry we all make mistakes i know i have
ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

you should have put here out of her misery or stayed there till she died it is bad when you wont to shoot a deer but leave so you do not have to watch here die [:@]
besides that you new just like me i missed twice one on a nice 8 or nine point i was sick but happy when i saw the arrow was clean and not a wound

your still learning like most of us so next time put another arrow in herwhy slit her through just get down get close put a arrow in her heart but only move in if she can not get up
ORIGINAL: badger109

Well I just stuck my first doe with a bow at 4:45. However, I feel terrible because I shot it in the spine.

Well it and a fawn were sitting in front of me eating a little corn for a good 20 minutes, but she wouldn't get broadside. Then when she finally walked away, she walked to my left, broadside the whole time. Well she got through my shooting land but i couldn't draw on it. I got lucky because she turned around and stood broadside in the clearing 20 yards away, so I quick drew back, put he pin on the lungs and let 'er rip. She droped right away.

I feel really bad because I shouldn't have taken the shot right away. But I felt good about it, and I know I had the pin where it needed to be. Luckly I got another arrow in it. It was rolling around on its side trying to get away. I waited until it kind of uprighted itself and it went in high and a little back, it came out the middle of the other side. i think i must have got a little lung, liver, or at least diaphram. it sounding like it was gergling blood and i left because I didn't want to watch it die (or suffer).

and now im doubting myself and thinking about i shouldn't have shot and I should have practiced more. I really dont want to have to slit it's throat. i know two people thatno longer deer hunt for this reason.

sorry for posting this but how long do you think i should wait?
Hey bigtim read the entire post, he did put a 2nd arrow in the deer!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Often it is hard to tell if the last arrow will keep the animal down. If you think that it is mortally wounded it is a good idea to sit there and wait for it to die. If for some reason the deerdid get up. You would have had an idea where it went. Experience alone will tell you when to wait, and when to approach. If you appraoch too soon, and thesecond arrow was not a good onethere is a chance that it could get up an run.

With that said, congrats and welcome to the club!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree at least he should have waited if you do not have the stomach to wait untill dies whywhy would youhunt
ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Often it is hard to tell if the last arrow will keep the animal down. If you think that it is mortally wounded it is a good idea to sit there and wait for it to die. If for some reason the deerdid get up. You would have had an idea where it went. Experience alone will tell you when to wait, and when to approach. If you appraoch too soon, and thesecond arrow was not a good onethere is a chance that it could get up an run.

With that said, congrats and welcome to the club!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Badger...glad you got her. Congrats
Old 12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure your deer is dead now. I'm sorry you had to deal with this on your first animal. Over time spine shots happen for me (for one reason or another) about every 10th deer. I think you did everything correctly right up until the point where you left. Although I completely understand. Do not be discouraged. These things happen. Get back with us and let us know the outcome! Take Care.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i agree atleast he should have waited if you do not have the stomic to what it die why shoot it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.