Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cabelas buying mounts? >

Cabelas buying mounts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabelas buying mounts?

Old 12-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cabelas buying mounts?

I have seen in cabelas catalogs before that they will buy quility mounts, old artifacts, old traps, and things like that. Now I have no catalog and cannot find it on their website. Can anyone help me out here with any contact info to the person who takes care of that for cabelas?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas buying mounts?

Here you go:
"If you have any items you'd like to donate or sell, please send a description and, if possible, photos to: Cabela's Inc., Attn: Mark Dowse, Taxidermy Product Manager, One Cabela Drive, Sidney,NE 60160"
Old 12-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you IAhuntr...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 AM

A guy that lives real close to my area found a set of sheds that have been scored twice at 201" and then 204" He's actually been watchign the buck around his yeard for 6 years. He called Cabelas and they told him that without seeing the antlers and if everything is as he describes they would give him $4000 for the pair. Wow. I have no idea what number he called or who he got ahold of, but the guy is pretty honest so I believe him.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Thats cool.. An old timer freind of mine is retired now and sold his log home so that he and his wife can spend the rest oftheir time traveling. Anyways he has a beutiful GIANT 6x6 elk that he is going to auction off along with a ton of other stuff and I suggested getting ahold of Cabelas, I know they buy that stuff I just did'nt know who to get in touch with. IAhuntr gave me the guys name "Mark Dowse" but if anyone has a # or e-mail that would be awsome.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Dominant Buck

They contacted me and wanted one of my buck mounts. They were interested in displaying it as a "before" example in the "let 'em go and let 'em grow" campaign
Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

gunbroker.com has an taxidermy section where you can also buy and sell mounts and animals. but why dont you just call cabelas. and ask them. im sure they could tell you exactly what to do
Old 12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

They contacted me and wanted one of my buck mounts. They were interested in displaying it as a "before" example in the "let 'em go and let 'em grow" campaign
You sure it wasn't the dentist calling you wanting to buy some of them flossing sticks??
Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

That's sad.

I got an email of that 9 year old that shot that 41 point in OK and supposedly Cabelas offered $150,000 for it. Is this true? If so, I find it wrong.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You sure it wasn't the dentist calling you wanting to buy some of them flossing sticks??
Yeah, that was me!

Quick Reply: Cabelas buying mounts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.