Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats everyones' batting average? >

Whats everyones' batting average?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats everyones' batting average?

Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whats everyones' batting average?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
The sad thing is.....there are people who will take the high and mighty stance that you didn't recover all of your animals. I've been saying that there are 3 types of people. 1) Those who will admit to hitting but not recovering an animal. 2. Those who will NOT admit to it. and 3. Those who haven't had enough shot opportunities.
Jeff,

While I tend to agree with your statement (generally) my question is how many shot opportunities is enough? While I can't claim to have never lost an animal (I have) I'm sure there are those who never have.

The guy who has been hunting say....10 years and never lost an animal does he need to put an astrix by his totals and say he hasn't taken enough shots?

It's like the old motorcycle riders saying "There are those who have crashed and those who will crash" I don't buy into that either. Again I can't lay claim to that one either because I also wrecked my bike some years back.I'm sure however there are those who have rode their entire lives without crashing. Should I say they didn't log enough hours on the road?

I agree folks shouldn't take the "high and mighty stance" either but it's not because I feel they are lying about them never loosing an animal themselves but more that their next arrow might result in a lost animal as well.

No one can predict the future and no one can be 100% sure that when they go hunting they will recover their animal but I'm sure there are those who have been at this some time and have yet to loose one.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats everyones' batting average?

For me--5/6 the last two seasons....I missed one clean because my peep sight had creeped!