Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Angry with Butcher! >

Angry with Butcher!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Angry with Butcher!

Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Angry with Butcher!

got an elk 318lbs.not enough time for me to cut it up,so i take it to the butcher LARRYS on sh52 by mustang ok.got the meat back today what a joke.
my backstrap steaks cut 3/4" 4 steaks to a package i got 4 packages 13 steaks in all. round steaks 14 packages 1/2"cut not much meat there,two three pound roasts,1 tenderloin small one,10lbs summer sausage,4 lbs slim jims,and 52 lbs hamburger.
am i not adding up something right or is this light.no neck steak they said we wouldnt want it it was ugly.
when doing my deer i get more steaks from a 90 lb doe,just one backstrap was longer than packages i got back.
when explaining this to the butcher he just said i got all my meat and he done over 140 deer so he must be doing something right.well firestone sold a bunch of bad tires dont mean they did it right they got surd and killed people.
never again will my deer go to a butcher could a butcher post if i'm looking at this wrong.just looks wrong with all burger and not many steaks

Old 12-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: took 1 in the a$$

I've heard this from others, I've always butchered my own deer.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

you didnt get much
Old 12-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet he has a freezer at home with someones Elk meat in it! [:@][&:]

I shot a real nice Buck (around 150 lbs Field Dressed) about7 years ago and took it in to have it butchered,when I went to pick it up they handed me a grocery bag and a beer flat with frozen deer meat...I was p1$$ed.I picked up the beer flat and my friend grabbed the bag and asked me where to put it as we were walking out.......very loud and angrily I said "Put it in the G.D. glove box"! I've never been back there with any of my Deer's I have shot and never will have them process anything of mine again.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah my last doe i dont think i got all the meat i should have the i think my new processors are a lot better than my old one
Old 12-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I do my own for that very reason... I don't trust some guy not to chunk off a few of my tenderloin backstraps for his own frying pan. In your case, you just plain got robbed. I agree, the butcher doesn't have access to elk and wanted some. He may even have sliced one off to try. After trying it he decided he wanted more. He's just a crook.... or, the people that work for him are. That's a big possibility.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Angry with Butcher!

by my addition i only got about 9inches of backstrap and a grand total of 75lbs of meat thats being generous. dont mind feeding the hungry just not the greedy butchers i paid or the mexicans working for him, probably how he pays them.i ought to take one backstrap to him off my deer i cut up and all of the packages of backstraps he gave me back but it would probably end up with me in jail.
wish i could do something bout this, i paid 236 dollars i can never get drawn for this hunt again in oklahoma.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:26 PM
dws

Default RE: Angry with Butcher!

I'm no butcher, but it sounds to me like you got just a little over half of what you should have. Call a few butchers and ask how much you would get out of an elk that size. Then if you find out you got screwed, go back when he's really busy and let every customer there know what a Richard Cranium he is.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I do my own for that very reason... I don't trust some guy not to chunk off a few of my tenderloin backstraps for his own frying pan. In your case, you just plain got robbed.
I agree with David here ....
Old 12-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

It does seem to me that you got an awful lot of ground meat. I will say this though. I do my own deer butchering and after boning, slicing, packaging, and grinding a deer, out of a 200# deer I can carry it in two grocery bags. I would think you would have around 100# of meat.

Quick Reply: Angry with Butcher!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.