Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Angry with Butcher! >

Angry with Butcher!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Angry with Butcher!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: took 1 in the a$$

So many people on here are saying do your own BUT... This is an elk people not a deer. So that brings up a few issues. 1 is how far from home are you when you get an elk and 2 is do you have the ability to handle butchering an elk after you get home.

The butcher we use in Colorado is really good so not all butchers are bad. You just got someones deer. Seriously, some guy is sitting at home wondering how he got so much meat off of a 90 pound doe. Either that or the butcher is eating a lot of elk meat.

On an average adult elk(cow and bulls averaged here)we get right around 150 pounds of meat.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: took 1 in the a$$

I would go to another butcher and ask what you should or would expect out of 318# of elk meat,have him write you up a recept and match it to the ONE you got from the guy that shorted ya.....You did get a RECEPT right.....Then go back to him and say...ya know the funny thing here,I got 75# of meat back from you and this guy got 190# back from the same size Elk.......Butcher we have a problem........I hope you have a recept,you should......

I butcher my OWN deer,not my brothers,friends nope just Mine.....If they ask me to help I will but when its my deer,its me,myself and I only no help nothing just me.........Dont like anyone around when I do mine......