Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A sentimental tribute >

A sentimental tribute

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A sentimental tribute

Old 12-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A sentimental tribute

I'm not usually one to bring emotional types of posts here, but this morning a man who played a significant influence on my hunting wayof life passed on today and saying a few words may help me feel a little better.

Bob, my dad's cousin lost his fightfrom complications due to lung cancer. He was an avid hunter, and a good all around person. He took my Dad under his wing, and taught him how to hunt, and gave him that passion that got passed along to me. My earliest hunting memories included many times afield with Bob & my Dad. Whether it was spotting with that old homemade light, sighting in our rifles, or setting up drives during our PA gun season, Bob always had an upbeat personality and a story to make you smile. I got to hunt a lot with him during my younger years, but over time things changed and for one reason or another, trips afield with him became less and less. I'd still see him from time to time, andI was always eager to tell him about my latest hunting season. I could ramble on with a million stories of the little things he did to help those around him, whether hunting related or not, but I just felt acknowledging him and sharing his legacy with you guys would be fitting.

So as I sit here teary eyed, I just like to say thanks Bob, for being a part of, and an influence onmy hunting and outdoor way of life. You won't be forgotten.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: A sentimental tribute

Godspeed, Bob.

Take care Ryan. I hate you lost your friend.

Sincerely....
Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rybo, sorry to hear about your loss. Keep his memory alive in your hunts.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Your memories of time spent together will only become more special as time wears on............sorry for your loss.

I cherish every hunting memory I have as a child and can't imagine the day when the people who fill those memories start to disappear.

Hang in their man.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend! He will always be with you on your hunts, God Bless!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

As long as you carry him in your heart, he will always be around.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe me, I know about losing someone important in your life, and I feel your pain man. This time of year makes it that much worse. But as we go on with our lives. We will always keep some of those happy memories of themalive to remember them by. My prayers are with you guys right now.

Take care Ryan.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:02 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Tim
Old 12-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your loss bro. Hang in there and cherish the memories of past hunts together.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:06 PM

Man I'm sorry to hear that bro. Prayers to you and the family.

Quick Reply: A sentimental tribute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.